Maybe this is too complicated, but it could be useful if the internet icon at the task bar flashes orange if you are highlighted. Only 'useful' for Windows users though, and there could be an option in the profile page to turn that on/off.
In SourceCoder, there is a setting that allows you to edit sprite data and draw the sprite within sourcecoder itself. This is awesome, but it only supports the OS palette. It would be awesome if it also supported the XlibC palette, and the data would be as hex numbers (2 digits) so that you would be able to edit XlibC sprite Data inside of source coder. Nothing super important, just a suggestion (that would coincidentally make my life like 300% easier). Thanks! Very Happy
Me and my neighborhood ants deem your website too small Cool

No seriously, why doesn't it auto adjust for a bigger window? Sad
Maybe this has been shared before but browsing the reviews since Oiram got a new rating. Saw a review by a user who was asking for help in the review section. It could be a smart idea to add a new field to programs to allow authors to submit the topic ID of their program in the "My Projects" sub-forum. There we can add a link on the program archives that says "Feedback and Build Log" or something.
Alex wrote:
Maybe this has been shared before but browsing the reviews since Oiram got a new rating. Saw a review by a user who was asking for help in the review section. It could be a smart idea to add a new field to programs to allow authors to submit the topic ID of their program in the "My Projects" sub-forum. There we can add a link on the program archives that says "Feedback and Build Log" or something.
I'm not sure I've heard something like that before. Perhaps more generally, being able to link a set of key-value pairs ("Title"/"URL") to each archive entry would be nice, so you could link to a build log, a bug reports topic, etc. Admins would of course have full prerogative to remove any links, and only the original author could add links.

c4ooo wrote:
Me and my neighborhood ants deem your website too small Cool
No seriously, why doesn't it auto adjust for a bigger window? Sad
Because it's very hard to read long lines. Your eyes have trouble finding the correct new line to go to after returning to the left margin if there are more that three or four lines in a row.
Oh, that's not a bad idea! Maybe we could just limit it to two fields to prevent confusion on both ends.

KermMartian wrote:
Because it's very hard to read long lines. Your eyes have trouble finding the correct new line to go to after returning to the left margin if there are more that three or four lines in a row.

That's right. I remember that being discussed.
We should have a topic with all of Cemetech's "keyphrases". ("Don't ask to ask", the 0x5 thing, "Quality rather than quantity" and such). With explanations of course. And a link to that and the introduce yourself thread in some really prominent place, like some "Welcome" PM.
This would help new members to jump right in and know what our community values, while the introduce yourself link would hopefully raise the amount of members who actually start posting and blend into the community.

Just a thought, seeing some common problems in that area.
Nik wrote:
We should have a topic with all of Cemetech's "keyphrases". ("Don't ask to ask", the 0x5 thing, "Quality rather than quantity" and such). With explanations of course. And a link to that and the introduce yourself thread in some really prominent place, like some "Welcome" PM.
This would help new members to jump right in and know what our community values, while the introduce yourself link would hopefully raise the amount of members who actually start posting and blend into the community.

You're welcome.
mr womp womp wrote:
Nik wrote:
We should have a topic with all of Cemetech's "keyphrases". [...]Just a thought, seeing some common problems in that area.

You're welcome.
That helps a lot, but I'm wondering if Nik might also/instead be talking about a paragraph or page somewhere that describes proper etiquette. The founder in me that loves constructive, structured conversation likes that idea, but the realist in me thinks that new visitors might find something that strict off-putting. We want to be a fun place too, not only a productive place. I vote that we continue to ~ask/~volunteers/etc new users that are being particularly oblivious of good netiquette.
That would definitively be a nice topic to have, since some other sites have those too, with the first post explaining some of the Cemetech-specific catch phrases that happen to be common around here but might confuse certain newer users, the origins of Blub, what HCWP is, easter eggs (if any) and such things. There could also be some explanations about Cemetech mentality (although it changed a bit over the years), such as the kind of humor that is enjoyed here or not. That said, some old topics explain some of them, so I guess the first post could sometime link to said topics (eg the rise and fall of lol, which, from what I remember, is where 0x5 came from)

Also ~volunteers is my favorite bot command. I wish the bot was available on every single TI IRC channel with that one specific command enabled because it would be quite handy sometimes.
I think Nik's idea is a good one. If this becomes a thing, I would suggest making it catchy looking rather than a regular post, because a big long post could possibly push away people who don't like to sit and read a bunch of text(I know I don't most of the time). Maybe change text size and color. Short and to the point sentences are also attention grabbers. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
That helps a lot, but I'm wondering if Nik might also/instead be talking about a paragraph or page somewhere that describes proper etiquette.

We've tried something like this before and it was a bit of a mixed bag. It'd be a good place to start if anyone wants to get this topic started.

DJ_O wrote:
easter eggs (if any) and such things.

Easter eggs aren't really Easter eggs if we tell people about them. That's like telling kids where you hid the eggs on easter but, on a website.
Alex wrote:
We've tried something like this before and it was a bit of a mixed bag. It'd be a good place to start if anyone wants to get this topic started.

I might give it a try if we deem this useful.
mr womp womp wrote:
Nik wrote:

You're welcome.

I tried some of those, and it seems like not all of them work.
Be able to edit your reviews!

I realize you admins are probably busy, but I was wondering if there was any news on this. Confused
Suggestion: [img width=X height=X]image source[/img], or [img scale=X]image source[/img] Smile
PT_ wrote:
Suggestion: [img width=X height=X]image source[/img], or [img scale=X]image source[/img] Smile

I'm pretty sure they don't do this so people don't post gigabytes large images and set them to a 1x1 and cause the page to not load...
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Be able to edit your reviews!

I realize you admins are probably busy, but I was wondering if there was any news on this. Confused
Internally we have agreed that this is something that needs to be done; it's just a matter of when. We'll keep you posted.

PT_ wrote:
In the past we have avoided this, as it allows people to "hide" (potentially unintentially) large images that could slow down people's pages or consume tons of bandwidth without people/administrators noticing.

Edit: ninja'd by Botboy.
KermMartian wrote:
PT_ wrote:
In the past we have avoided this, as it allows people to "hide" (potentially unintentially) large images that could slow down people's pages or consume tons of bandwidth without people/administrators noticing.

Edit: ninja'd by Botboy.

I believe this could be checked automatically fairly easily with a small Cemetech-side PHP script that fires when the image is requested, and either allows the parsed code for the [img] tag or does not?
My intention was to only scale down images to a certain size, say that the minimum size is like 20% of the original one or so.

Page 29 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours