Should this be a paid program or is it more suitable to be free
free
 66%  [ 6 ]
paid
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

It would be cool if you could save the coordinates of any structure in Minecraft
and use the clone command (at least that's what it is in pocket edition) to automatically store and calculate what side is up and down in your structure from when you input the coordinates randomly into the calculator

I'm going to work on this program that anyone is free to download for now!!(not sure if it will be completely free and worst case scenario you just click a link that shows you a advertisement)
developers are entitled a free edition guaranteed if I decide to make this a paid program but that would be determined by the votes when the program is done Smile to give plenty of time for the results if you think it should be a paid or a free program (personally I want it to be free and that's why I voted XD )

Also you are free to help me create the functions

Although I have not started yet on this. if you would like to make a function that figures out what side / which set of coordinates is higher than the other please do so using variables that are being used in this project and they are as the following: Note:This might change depending on how adam does the new code

Variables
x1 -
coordinate set one (coordinate input set one is one corner of the structure you want to copy in your world)
y1-coordinate set one
z1 -coordinate set one

x2-coordinate set two (coordinate input set one is the other corner of the structure you want to copy in your world can be lower than the first one to select all blocks in that area)
y2 -coordinate set two
z2 -coordinate set two

Variables other than that will be established later so please leave a reply if you would like to add a variable just state the usage, benefits, reason of adding and cons if any of the variable

What I am doing first (unless you're willing to do it) is the world select menu and how to add more menus for the world and options to create a new world NOTE: this is already done Note:adam would like to start over and I have let him create his own version so that's the one were going with because I ran into some problems with mine...

next would be to basically copy that code and paste it in a part of the program that's suitable (this is basically spaghetti language) for it to go. So that we may have a structure selection for each world with a max of 3 worlds and a max of 3 structures is 18 coordinates (each structure has 2 sets of coordinates (xxy) (other xzy) which is 6 total coordinates for each world. And all 3 worlds combined is 9 total coordinates for the all worlds all structures (correct me if I'm wrong ...plz) and this is minimum)

And then modify it so you can select the structures or create a structure. Then to create the input function for you to name and set the coordinates /dimensions for the structure

of course we will need a way to delete the created things and we want it so that the delete key and the confirm key are NOT the same key to avoid accidents
We have a new member his username is " Pieman7373 and he will be debugging the code once we are all done and ready to release it out to the public

we have a new member...his name is Adam [color=red](without his clever username that he will soon make) (currently doesn't have a cemetech account but I'm encouraging him to get one but his class doesn't get as much computer time as my class does...

Bye for now and I hope to have you on my team.

Team members
-Author--SeeGreatness
-debugging--Pieman7373
-math--Adam
-user interface--Adam
-
What language do you plan to make this in? If it is in Basic, i will attempt to assist you. Very Happy
Quote:
Would be cool if you could save the coordinates of any structure in minecraft
and use the clone command (at least that's what it is in pocket edition) to automatically store and calculate what side is up and down in your structure from when you input the coordinates randomly into the calc

Could you expand on this? What are the coordinates of, exactly? Is it from somewhere in the structure, or from two corners?

It sounds like the game and the calculator program will go hand in hand or am I mistaken?

I look forward to reading about your, and others, progress!
Alex wrote:
Quote:
Would be cool if you could save the coordinates of any structure in minecraft
and use the clone command (at least that's what it is in pocket edition) to automatically store and calculate what side is up and down in your structure from when you input the coordinates randomly into the calc

Could you expand on this? What are the coordinates of, exactly? Is it from somewhere in the structure, or from two corners?

It sounds like the game and the calculator program will go hand in hand or am I mistaken?

I look forward to reading about your, and others, progress!

thanks for replying and notifying me of things I can clear up on
first the calculator will grab one set of coordinates at one side of the structure corner then the other, this will copy a cube (no the calculator is just storing the coordinates so that you may move that structure if you wish,replace the given blocks within the cube or surface (depending on how you copied it. If you keep the same z axis then it will be flat while as if you change the z axis from the first one it will start to form a cube ) now you can choose and thing in the world you want at any time (as long as you have cheats enabled) you can do
/setworldspawn
to find your coordinates as pocket edition does not have a debug menu (and I'm a pocket edition beta tester (not that beta testing really matters)
then you can do (at the other corner)
/setworldspawn
then with both those coordinates
/fill <X Y Z> <X Y Z> <block to replace the blocks in the coordinates>
there's is also a clone command
/cone <X Y Z> <X Y Z> <coordinates to paste the structure>
and yeah that's pretty much it and its mojang's version of world edit

Pieman7373 wrote:
What language do you plan to make this in? If it is in Basic, i will attempt to assist you. Very Happy

yea this is going to be in ti-83,ti-83 plus, ti-84 basic
I do believe they are all the same but I personally will be making it in ti-83 plus basic because I have a ti-83 but as I have stated it should work on the other calculators
I have a friend and he is going to help make this whole thing work he is like great in math and ti-basic ,his name is adam and right now he doesn't have a account on cemetech.net but I'm encouraging him to make one although his class does not let him have this much computer time like mine does...so it will be a while before the code gets uploaded
This seems interesting and I don't have to many projects that I'm working on... could I join in on this? Very Happy
Battlesquid wrote:
This seems interesting and I don't have to many projects that I'm working on... could I join in on this? Very Happy

Absolutely feel free
their really is no need to ask just state what you want to tackle and we all will just avoid doing that until we need to interact together like making protocols for transmitting of data within the program like variables, subroutines/subprograms and in the end we can just copy and paste our code from source-coder into one program (mostly because I want to avoid making more than one prgm)

EDIT:
Battlesquid wrote:

so what do you want to do?
So far nobody is doing the math part( I put adam on the math list because I didn't really want to do it XD and I know him pretty well so I know he would be fine with it)
=====Battlesquid=====

if you did want to do the math part you need to be familiar with the minecraft coordinate system ...here I will link how to use the pocket edition commands so that you can figure out how to organise the coordinates from top left to bottom right to form a cube (if the specified coordinates from one) (or a flat wall/floor/ceiling)
here is a example
----------------------------------
To fill a 11x1x11 area (directly below) you with quartz block:

/fill ~-5 ~-1 ~-5 ~5 ~-1 ~5 quartz_block
here are some links

https://www.digminecraft.com/game_commands/fill_command.php --for a wikki like introductry/useage

http://thepivot.net/minecraft/ ----for a generator (this is not what we are doing ....although that sounds like a good project...and I will start that XD but after this project so I can combine them very nicely) but yeah)
SeeGreatness wrote:
=====Battlesquid=====

if you did want to do the math part you need to be familiar with the minecraft coordinate system ...here I will link how to use the pocket edition commands so that you can figure out how to organise the coordinates from top left to bottom right to form a cube (if the specified coordinates from one) (or a flat wall/floor/ceiling)
here is a example

here are some links

https://www.digminecraft.com/game_commands/fill_command.php --for a wikki like introductry/useage

http://thepivot.net/minecraft/ ----for a generator (this is not what we are doing ....although that sounds like a good project...and I will start that XD but after this project so I can combine them very nicely) but yeah)

Do I have to have Minecraft installed? Because if so, that may be a problem since I can only play Minecraft during the summer... Sad
Battlesquid wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
=====Battlesquid=====

here is a example

here are some links

Do I have to have Minecraft installed? Because if so, that may be a problem since I can only play Minecraft during the summer... Sad

nonono you don't as long as you know the basics of coordinates of minecraft when comparing two sets like (100, 0, 0) is 100 blocks to the left of the center of the world (well their is no center in minecraft but 0, 0, 0 is below bedrock (or is it THE block of bedrock? Idk) see all your doing is making a 3d model of the coordinates and swapping them so for instance I type 0, 0, 0 and 0, 10, 0 you would swap them so that the one on the Z axis is higher becomes returned first so that would make my example become [{0, 10, 0}, {0, 0, 0}] or some visual representation of the sets of coordinates ...(preferably a string)

SeeGreatness wrote:
Battlesquid wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
=====Battlesquid=====

here is a example

here are some links

nonono you don't as long as you know the basics of coordinates of minecraft when comparing two sets like (100, 0, 0) is 100 blocks to the left of the center of the world (well their is no center in minecraft but 0, 0, 0 is below bedrock (or is it THE block of bedrock? Idk) see all your doing is making a 3d model of the coordinates and swapping them so for instance I type 0, 0, 0 and 0, 10, 0 you would swap them so that the one on the Z axis is higher becomes returned first so that would make my example become [{0, 10, 0}, {0, 0, 0}] or some visual representation of the sets of coordinates ...(preferably a string)

that's basically the basics that I'm talking about
I'm not really sure why you were quoting your own post that you made two hours prior to also double post. But, I've combined it to your post above in case it's suppose to be important? The next time I see that you double post I'll be deleting the additional posts so please start editing your posts to include all of your thoughts.

Remember, a double post is whenever you post two or more times in a row in the same topic within a rough 24 hour window. Happy editing!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours