Release is finally here! Download link to be updated shortly Smile Enjoy!

Oiram Download: Download
Oiram Level Editor: Download

W00t!!! Nice work man!

*downloads*

You pumped this out super quickly, very well done Smile.
this is AMAZING!!! although I am a little more used to playing with 2nd being jump rather than the up arrow, I'm sure I'll get used to it soon seeing as how much I will play this. Keep up the good work! Very Happy
Congratulations, Mateo! I've already downloaded and had some Oiram fun, it's great! Although.. We've come to expect nothing less from you Razz
Fixed some bugs that could potentially lead to a Ram clear; and the home freezing bug caused by spamming keys that Rico reported. Links are in the first post Smile Thanks everyone! Feel free to post any bug reports; high scores; or custom level packs Smile
It doesn't always scroll up while you are flying (as raccoon mario) Actually, it has only scrolled up once for me, and i have flow at least 11 times... Very Happy
What great work! Truly praiseworthy Smile
Can I ask that maybe we can rebind the controls? The current scheme(up for jump) is really akward for me and makes it impossible for me to play well Smile
Zaalane wrote:
Can I ask that maybe we can rebind the controls? The current scheme(up for jump) is really akward for me and makes it impossible for me to play well Smile

No. Play more. Wink
I guess I'll just have to change the source!
Zaalane wrote:

Guess you will! Very Happy
Zaalane wrote:

The "[2nd] for jump" matter has come up quite a few times already on community forums, and there's already a fork that has it changed that way. I had already discussed it with Mateo a few days ago, and it's not like he hasn't tried different keybindings already and refusing to change that to piss people off, you know Razz

Having it bound to that key is not as simple as one may think when dealing with other behaviour that can happen, for instance when holding keys etc. Technically, blame "weird keypad hardware" (Mateo said "I can only generate an interrupt on a data change, so if you are holding the jump key and press a different key, it will register as a jump"). I've heard it's similar, in a way, to the current "hold [up] and press any key to jump", although I've never actually had any issue with this one with [up] as jump ; maybe this conflicts with other key groups if it's put on [2nd]?

But anyway, indeed Oiram is open-source, making it a great opportunity for everyone to learn from the code, and try experimenting with it if they so desire...

And if someone ends up being able to make a version that actually has "better" controls by default (rather: liked by more people, since there's no universal truth in all this...) while having no weird issues under specific circumstances (key holding and whatnot), then it's great, and they can (should) also submit a PR on Mateo's repo on Github. Contributing, sharing ideas/improvement/feedback (constructive criticism) on the code etc. is what open-source is all about.
I added an update that changes the default control system. Smile However, since I like the previous control scheme myself, the option can be toggled with the [mode] button at the main screen. Enjoy Smile Download links should be updated shortly.
About the level editor:

9:27:48 PM ***MateoConLechuga attempts to determine if it is a resizing bug
9:14:07 PM [MateoConLechuga] How did you resize?
9:13:59 PM [MateoConLechuga] But the actual size is 2400 bytes
9:13:51 PM [MateoConLechuga] So it allocates 1728 bytes for that
9:13:22 PM [MateoConLechuga] So it says the width*height is 67x24
9:12:33 PM [MateoConLechuga] Your level 4 data is weird

I resized by changing the number on the left, but i didn't type a bigger number in, i just clicked the up arrow until it was the size i wanted. (i usually increased it by to each time) I also had the background color set to black, even though that probably doesnt matter.
I can't switch back to the controls where up is jump... the words on the menu change, but 2nd stay as jump in the game.. :'(
Bugs! Very Happy

Bug 1: If you go past the final boss, you can jump on the ledge and then jump over to the pipe. Might want to fix this. Razz

Bug 2: If you kill the final boss with the fireball or the tail, it doesn't open the passage to the pipe.
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
Bugs! Very Happy

Bug 1: If you go past the final boss, you can jump on the ledge and then jump over to the pipe. Might want to fix this. Razz

Bug 2: If you kill the final boss with the fireball or the tail, it doesn't open the passage to the pipe.

First one isn't a bug Wink

Second one; um; you can kill it with fire or the tail? Crap that's a bug :p
Yeah Pieman is right
Can I do a dash towards the ground?
And I have the same issue as Pieman. Sad (I download Oiram on 10-1-2017 15:10 )
A small bug, if you launch a fire ball on an elevated surface, it doesn't bounce, it just kind of rolls.

video here
[url]https://1drv.ms/v/s!Al_ZukYl7XyyhQERHCGjiTdKYZ-p[/url]

Other than that, Amazing game! All your hard work paid off! Very Happy Good Idea

EDIT: I just found a secret way to easily get 99 lives! (of course I'm not going to say how) Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 13 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours