This is not really a fix for that, per se, but since Doors CE now supports Cesium icons, Cesium could support Doors CE's field-based header. It lets you have zero or more of any of the fields the Doors CE header can contain, in any order: a description (or no description), one of several types of icons and their data (or no icon), etc: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/ASM_Header_(Color)
New update fixes saving ram during program loads; and prevents renaming with an empty buffer. Kind of important Razz

Download: https://github.com/MateoConLechuga/Cesium/releases/latest
If I just got Cesium, should I keep your Archive Undelete program? Or is it just double protection now? I'm hesitant to delete it because it has save my programs soooo many times. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
If I just got Cesium, should I keep your Archive Undelete program? Or is it just double protection now? I'm hesitant to delete it because it has save my programs soooo many times. Smile

Double protection never hurt Razz
Well in certain situations having two layers of protection is NOT recommended. ;D
Found a fatal glitch in Cesium while recording a screenshot in CEmu wasn't quite working. I have reproduced this on CEmu under normal conditions, but I'm too scared to try it on real hardware.

It is possible to rename a program to absolutely nothing. Once you do this, apparently in Cesium it's unable to be run, and it glitches your program list afterwards in such a way that it crashes if you run or edit programs.
thats true: I foud that bug -> when you rename your program and then press 2nd, Cesium crashes and hides all your programs so you have to reset your calc to see them again.
JWinslow23 wrote:
Found a fatal glitch in Cesium while recording a screenshot in CEmu wasn't quite working. I have reproduced this on CEmu under normal conditions, but I'm too scared to try it on real hardware.

It is possible to rename a program to absolutely nothing. Once you do this, apparently in Cesium it's unable to be run, and it glitches your program list afterwards in such a way that it crashes if you run or edit programs.

Flip wrote:
thats true: I foud that bug -> when you rename your program and then press 2nd, Cesium crashes and hides all your programs so you have to reset your calc to see them again.

Seriously; I just said I fixed that above if you move your eyes a little higher. When reporting bugs; make sure you have the latest version.

MateoConLechuga wrote:
New update fixes saving ram during program loads; and prevents renaming with an empty buffer. Kind of important Razz

Download: https://github.com/MateoConLechuga/Cesium/releases/latest
Sory... :p didn't see it
MateoConLechuga wrote:
and currently only provides library support to C and ASM programmers

Were you working on extending library support to Basic programs? Sorry if I missed an update on this, but it would be really nice to use C libraries and or XLBC in Basic programs.
Thanks
CodertheBarbarian wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
and currently only provides library support to C and ASM programmers

Were you working on extending library support to Basic programs? Sorry if I missed an update on this, but it would be really nice to use C libraries and or XLBC in Basic programs.
Thanks

That's basically what the ICE language does. You should check it out. Smile
Does the latest version of Cesium work with OS 5.1? I tried to install Cesium from my computer to my friends calculator, but every time he quits it, it archives itself. It has also broke his calculator twice forceing us to hard reset it. He has all the latest libraries (if that helps) I even tried reinstalling Cesium, but no luck. Sad
I'm going to try to update his calculator tomorrow.

EDIT: I completely uninstalled Cesium (all app vars etc.), updated his calc to 5.2.1... and it's mostly fixed, it still occasionally re-archives itself. I'm lost to what could be wrong now.
I fixed the archiving bug I believe and also fixed a weird resetting error. Hopefully this fixes all the issues. Thanks for the feedback! Smile

Download: https://github.com/MattWaltz/cesium/releases/latest (Or in the Cemetech archives once it is approved)
Hmm... here's an ambitious idea. How about we can restore our RAM even if our calculator unexpectedly crashes outside of Cesium! (This is totally not trying to distract Mateo from CC19 Laughing )
I have no idea how the RAM backup works, but if it's still saved after Cesium is exited. Then could it be implemented?

EDIT: Maybe I should clarify that I don't mean constant protection, I just mean restore your calculator from the last time you did a RAM backup. Smile
Ehm, you mean that if Cesium is already installed, but not running at that moment, it restores RAM after resetting the calc? That is already implemented, not only if Cesium is active at that moment Razz
How hard would it be to have "prgm" in a BASIC program be able to open programs hidden by Cesium as well?
If it isn't feasible, could you read the program name from Ans to open?
I use Cesium and love it, but I want to be able to add thumbnails to my own programs. How can I do this?
WaterNinja101 wrote:
I use Cesium and love it, but I want to be able to add thumbnails to my own programs. How can I do this?

If you want to add an icon, that is pretty simple. Presumably, your program in TI-Basic, and therefore, the way to do it is by inserting this at the beginning of your program:

Code:
:DCS
"*256 byte sprite data*

The Sprite data is just the 16x16 image in hexadecimal. For example, recently, TheLastMillennial made a sprite for one of my programs. This is what it looked like once in my program

Code:
:DCS
"B3333FFFFF333AAA3333FCCCCCF333AA333FC33333CF333A333FC55355CF3333333FC55555CF33333B3FCB35B3CF33B3333FCBB5BBCF3333333FC55555CF33333333F53555F3333333333FFFFF333333333336CCC633B333333367A7A763333333B36CCCCC6333B333336C6C6C6333333333CE6C6EC333333333336C63333333

You can convert an image by using Sourcecoder, which is available in the Tools section of the forum.
You just drag and drop your image into Sourcecoder, and select "Z80 BASIC (TI-84+CSE Palettized Color)". Then you will have the hex data to enter into your program. Another possibly easier way is to just go in Sourcecoder and open up your program, then add a string and a menu should come up with the options to create a sprite on the spot.
This isn't very important or anything, but it is really annoying that everytime my calculator restores itself, the program CESIUM is archived, because then i have to go in and unarchive it manually. I feel that this feature is kinda unnecessary anyways, because whenever i update cesium on my calc, i create a group with prgmA and prgmCESIUM, that way if my RAM resets, i just ungroup that and i am fine. I keep everything else archived so that is fine too Razz
I've found a weird bug.
  • I had just exited my program to the Cesium homescreen (doesn't work if you just activate Cesium, you have to quit a program in it)
  • I was on the Cesium home screen
  • I sent a program to my calculator while Cesium was still at the home screen
  • Cesium then quit (as it should) but suddenly everything on the screen was scaled up ~500%
  • I went to the memory management and saw that Cesium had archived itself
  • I turned off the calculator
  • Turned it back on
  • Everything was scaled back to normal
  • I clicked [Prgm]
  • It displayed my list of programs but immediately quit to the (standard) home screen and the yellow loading icon appeared for about a second
  • Now my Calculator works fine again.

So this is a harmless bug, but still weird.

EDIT:
Here's a video on it, for some reason it didn't quit when I went to the program list the second time. (Please ignore my mom in the background Razz)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours