Looking good! Heightmaps is a decent solution for a mario style game and the result works well!
Will tucking while going down hill make you stop less quickly?
Thanks Mateo! Slopes are looking great, btw Smile
Zaalane wrote:
I think the scores being where they are is a little distracting, maybe making it so when you pick up a coin the text instead floats up from the position the coin was in? That'd help the player stay focused on the action on the upper half Smile

True, and if the player is focused on the upper half, he/she might miss the score increment.
tmwilliamlin168 wrote:
Zaalane wrote:
I think the scores being where they are is a little distracting, maybe making it so when you pick up a coin the text instead floats up from the position the coin was in? That'd help the player stay focused on the action on the upper half Smile

True, and if the player is focused on the upper half, he/she might miss the score increment.

That could be true, but really the score is just for bragging rights not any practical value. I don't think it would be worth the performance hit by making the score float. However I'm not completely against it, like I wrote before, it'd be neat to have, if the calculator could handle it. TI-84+ SE Razz
where do we download this Very Happy
EATINGBLUE_90 wrote:

Hey, welcome to Cemetech, this program is still in development. It'll probably be a month or two before it's complete.

P.S.
Most programmers put the download link on the very first post, so if there isn't a download link on the first post, there's a good chance it hasn't been released yet. Very Happy
TheLastMillennial wrote:
EATINGBLUE_90 wrote:

Hey, welcome to Cemetech, this program is still in development. It'll probably be a month or two before it's complete.

P.S.
Most programmers put the download link on the very first post, so if there isn't a download link on the first post, there's a good chance it hasn't been released yet. Very Happy

thanks and yes i am a new user
Finally got slopes and stuff working how I want them to; sliding into enemies takes them out.

Looks great! Why does the turtle disappear when you slide into him though?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Finally got slopes and stuff working how I want them to; sliding into enemies takes them out.

Looks great Mateo. Good Job!!!
Yeah, that's the stuff!

Looks great, love all of the action going on.
Added water, fish, jellies, quicksand, and a pipe at the end to the next stage. Also added a difficult (yet beatable) boss and the awesome 1up mushroom (not shown). Current code size is just under 30K.

TODO:

Main Game:

Minor fixes to slope calculations
Racoon Oiram -- lol such hard tho
Design a future-proof level format
Implement level loading/appvar selection
Implement some form of saving
Design splash screen

Level editor:

Actually make one Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
a pipe at the end to the next stage.

Are you not using the normal ending screen?
https://sr.ht/mI8y.mp4
Ivoah wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
a pipe at the end to the next stage.

Are you not using the normal ending screen?
https://sr.ht/mI8y.mp4

No, obviously Razz This is not Mario, this is Oiram.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
No, obviously Razz This is not Mario, this is Oiram.

Hehe, alright Very Happy
Constructing the level editor; still need to add saving and loading but placing groups of tiles, resizing, and changing the background color works fantastically. Written in C++ using Qt.

Looks great! I can't wait for a final release.
Will there be an on calc level editor like there is for one of the monochrome mario-like games?
Pieman7373 wrote:
Will there be an on calc level editor like there is for one of the monochrome mario-like games?

No -- editing would be much, much to slow. It wouldn't be worth it to try to implement; the maximum size of levels are much greater than the size for the monochrome calcs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours