Starting work on new Side-Scroll RPG. It is generated as it goes, but once you pass something, you can't go back. Finishing up ideas for crafting and item system.
Any new progress on this? Smile Sounds like an interesting idea, to be sure. What calculator is this project for?
First Version for CE. Maybe later for others.
I'm planning on storing the data in a compressed string. That way, it's easy to release new weapons, armor, enemies, etc. Plus, it makes it easier for the user to do stuff.
So... I have the combat system partially done. I have it so it can load in enemy stats, and am working on one for weapons.
Well... It's still going. I wish it was going faster, but so be it. I ended up redoing the combat system. This way you can actually throw stuff (arrows, darts, etc.) that will be implemented. Oh, and it finally broke 4 kilobites. Its gonna be a big program.
Nice! Sounds fun! Where can I get it; I can't wait! Razz
This is a cool sounding idea! So the game will essentially be never-ending, ie. you just keep battling onwards, collecting better gear, fighting stronger enemies, etc.?
JamesV wrote:
So the game will essentially be never-ending, ie. you just keep battling onwards, collecting better gear, fighting stronger enemies, etc.?

That would be a cool idea. Right now my plan was to have a fixed objective (get some item that is very hard to get to), but once the initial engine is done I could make it a game-mode where it goes on (Survival mode? Endless?)
suppa nice idea man. I would love to beta test it just contact me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours