This was an interesting watch-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M
What is it? Can you tell us a bit about what we're going to watch. Is this a review you did or someone else?
The Video's Description wrote:
Join Leonardo DiCaprio as he explores the topic of climate change, and discovers what must be done today to prevent catastrophic disruption of life on our planet.

...boring stuff...

About Before the Flood:
Before the Flood, directed by Fisher Stevens, captures a three-year personal journey alongside Academy Award-winning actor and U.N. Messenger of Peace Leonardo DiCaprio as he interviews individuals from every facet of society in both developing and developed nations who provide unique, impassioned and pragmatic views on what must be done today and in the future to prevent catastrophic disruption of life on our planet.
In an effort to promote topics that are more than just a link, it'd be great if the topic authors would elaborate on the subject. We prefer a "quality over quantity" route when it comes to topics, posts and, discussions. It isn't formally written down anywhere but we hope by facilitating and encouraging verbose topics we can get more active and in-depth discussions.

How could he have created an engaging topic of discussion? He could have first written a summary of the video, something that would have actually compelled me to click the link in the first place and follow through. Then he could have mentioned parts he agrees with or disagrees with and why. As it stands, I still haven't clicked the link and currently have no interest in doing so. What direction does the topic author want the discussion to go? By adding the points he agrees and disagrees with I would be actively engaged in the video, paying closer attention to the points he brought up, and be able to address those points after watching the video by bringing my own agreements and disagreements.

Additionally, if one were to read the other topics in this category they'd find that the topics are all reviews by our members, not links to reviews by other people.

Good Idea
Sorry, I realize I needed to elaborate. I've been quite busy lately, so I haven't had a lot of time for any one thing lately. It may have been better talk about it in SAX, but here goes:

This is a climate change documentary with Leonardo DiCaprio, by National Geographic. In it, you see Leo interviewing several different leaders from around the world on the topic, including President Barack Obama, Elon Musk, Pope Francis, and more. There are some really interesting points in it, but the main thing that sparked my interest was how Leo is at the center of the movie.

I like the fact that they are trying to use Leo to get more people to watch it and increase awareness about it, but honestly, when it comes down to it, I don't think there's enough everyday people that will actually change or be able to change their daily habits enough to make a mark. Sure, many people will watch it, but a lot of the issue comes down to the actions that leaders are taking. Personally, I really like Elon Musk at the moment, as he is working on a lot of sustainable energy solutions.

I didn't mean for this to be such a heavy topic, I just happened to really enjoy the movie. Thoughts?
Oh, and the movie isn't free on youtube after November 6th, I believe.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours