This is a nice program that can convert a string to a list of tokens. It is pretty useful and handles 2 byte tokens as well Smile

Download: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1512

So I am assuming this program does something similar to the 'ord()' command in python, which converts a character into a corresponding integer. In python however, there is also a subsequent command 'chr()' which converts a value into its corresponding character, essentially reversing the work of 'ord()'. Are you going to make a program like the 'chr()' command that does what is described here, or is this a standalone tool so far?
CHill wrote:
So I am assuming this program does something similar to the 'ord()' command in python, which converts a character into a corresponding integer. In python however, there is also a subsequent command 'chr()' which converts a value into its corresponding character, essentially reversing the work of 'ord()'. Are you going to make a program like the 'chr()' command that does what is described here, or is this a standalone tool so far?

Hm, I like this idea Smile Probably a flag would be easiest. This was really just me playing around with strings and lists, it doesn't really have much use unless you want it to Smile
Hm that makes me wonder if this could be used for some form of map data compression in Pokéwalrus (assuming this supports very long strings,although I can always use Augment()). Nifty tool Smile
Looks like a neat little program! I'm not too sure what it could be used for (maybe some fancy text compression?). Anyway, great work! Very Happy
As for the Chr() command, I don't know asm, but I've seen an asm hexcode floating around which will do just that (displays a string of ascii characters according to a list). if it helps, here it is:

Code:
EFD74A3DC0EB462323C5EF7A41E5EFEF4AEF0445E1C110F1C9

EDIT: Aparently, this won't work on the CE and will reset the calc... I forgot it was not the same as the Z80 models.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours