I wonder why Cemetech is so full of these overclocking tutorials? Why wouldn't everyone use wabbitemu with 1600% speed? HW overclocking is too risky.

Best regards,
84se
Graphing Calculator
84se wrote:
I wonder why Cemetech is so full of these overclocking tutorials?
I've only seen a handful, myself, one of the most notable on Cemetech being this overclocking discovery.
Quote:
Why wouldn't everyone use wabbitemu with 1600% speed? HW overclocking is too risky.
Mostly because we can; in many cases, because we also want to try getting our calculators to their full design potential (which I suppose is partially also "because we can"). If you know what you're doing with a soldering iron, it's no longer than risky given the depth of documentation that has been produced.

Hope this helps!
When I was still in high school (3+ years ago) I used 'Pover' to overclock my Casio Prizm so I could play doom at tolerable framerates. Other than that, I have never used overclocking...
I am a repeat offender on overclocking. While I have lost one calculator, an 83+SE, to overclocking (or maybe something else, not even sure), it's still cool. I have tried to get an adjustable overclock into my 84+PCE, but I am having trouble with inductance/capacitance in the lines, and that project is on hold because there are better calcs to hack.

Underclocking can also have its uses, but that is much rarer, such as for my blinkenlights calc, so that the lights can bee seen in moving.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours