Hello again everyone! I started work today on the next C example project, Chess, which is already pretty much done as it uses the TSCP chess engine, which is small enough to keep it within reason. All the settings, saving, and different modes are already done because I was able to just pull them directly from CheckersCE, and now I'm just fixing up things like promotion menus and move undoing. There's also a bug somewhere that is being really pesky Razz Anywho, here's a screenshot so far: (Many thanks to Merth for the neat chess pieces)

I updated the graphics, added in movement and check checking, saving, and loading of games, and different options. All that is left to do now is some testing and then it will be done Smile

Download: Chess CE

Looks good, Mateo! I hope you let the user pick which sprite set to use Wink
Chess for CE. It's official. I now don't regret leaving my 84+
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Hello again everyone! I started work today on the next C example project, Chess, which is already pretty much done as it uses the TSCP chess engine, which is small enough to keep it within reason. All the settings, saving, and different modes are already done because I was able to just pull them directly from CheckersCE, and now I'm just fixing up things like promotion menus and move undoing. There's also a bug somewhere that is being really pesky Razz Anywho, here's a screenshot so far: (Many thanks to Merth for the neat chess pieces)

Was this project dropped!? It would be a shame, I remember looking forward to playing Sad
Andathral wrote:
Was this project dropped!? It would be a shame, I remember looking forward to playing Sad

No. Mateo is taking a summer break, and if I'm right, he will be back in a week, so just wait a week to poke him Smile
PT_ wrote:
No. Mateo is taking a summer break, and if I'm right, he will be back in a week, so just wait a week to poke him Smile

hmm... I think it's been longer than a week, what is MateoConLechuga working on? Mario for the CE? or some other project?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
PT_ wrote:

hmm... I think it's been longer than a week, what is MateoConLechuga working on? Mario for the CE? or some other project?

Haha, I know we all want to see this and Mario finished, but keep in mind, Mateo does have his own life, as well as a C toolchain to maintain, as well as an emulator. He will get to this when he can. (Probably after Mario, I'd think)
You guys have got to stop PMing me and poking me with these things :/ Anywho, here's the latest thing I have so far; I switched to a smaller chess engine, I still have to add user input and fix a few bugs and improve graphics things. As it is though, it can play against itself, which is always fun Smile

How are you keeping the AI from taking hours to make each move?
CodertheBarbarian wrote:
How are you keeping the AI from taking hours to make each move?

Magic Smile

Download: Chess CE

I updated the graphics, added in movement and check checking, saving, and loading of games, and different options. All that is left to do now is some testing and then it will be done Smile

EDIT: Oops, just realized I put the ranks the wrong direction Razz Fixed that

Just pushed a release to fix winning the game Razz
Wow! Great work Mateo! Just out of curiosity, do you plan on making a mode where you can link calculators and play chess across the link? I don't mean to imply that you need to do it now, I just would like to know if that is a future plan. Smile Also, could you put a version number on the program so I know if I need to update chess? I realize this is a lot to ask, you just came out with this program. I'm sorry about this, however these were questions I just had to ask. Again, Amazing work and keep programming!
To answer your first question, I believe Mateo is working on some sort of a USB linking library for C programs, (this is written in C) so eventually, when he has that made, link play could be implemented. There probably is a way to implement it without a new library, but I'm not exactly sure.
Unicorn wrote:
To answer your first question, I believe Mateo is working on some sort of a USB linking library for C programs, (this is written in C) so eventually, when he has that made, link play could be implemented. There probably is a way to implement it without a new library, but I'm not exactly sure.

Huh?
Umm, but to answer my question. Are you planning on making a 'link' game mode, Mateo? Confused
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Umm, but to answer my question. Are you planning on making a 'link' game mode, Mateo? Confused

First I have to completely document all the USB functionality and peripherals Wink If you would like to do that, feel free Smile
Quote:
First I have to completely document all the USB functionality and peripherals If you would like to do that, feel free

If I knew any other programming language than Basic, or even understood half of what you just said I would try! Laughing Smiling Cat
i downloaded this game and ran with PHASM and every time i exit this game my calculator resets its RAM.please help me i really like this game and would like to play it without RAM resetting every time i exit.
In the settings menu, when you DIDN'T select "human v calc" there is a white line through "play as" and its option, but that line is white, and it looks like that is a bug or so, maybe you can change that linecolor?
PT_ wrote:
In the settings menu, when you DIDN'T select "human v calc" there is a white line through "play as" and its option, but that line is white, and it looks like that is a bug or so, maybe you can change that linecolor?

No, it looks fine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours