Would you like a Chess Assembly Program?
Yes
 82%  [ 24 ]
Maybe
 13%  [ 4 ]
No
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 29

#Tankidaboss wrote:
are u still working on this? Smile

Not currently. I will start back up on it within the next 2 months though. Check back here repeatedly for updates when I post them, however, not for a while.
Just saw a release article of the same by Mateo on ti-planet - seems a great achievement with ai and all - well done
He started that project a couple months I think before I joined cemetech. I never knew he had one until 2 to 3 weeks ago. This will look different and be different, so this will continue to be made. It will be in both assembly and C.
Does anyone know a AI Chess game for Ti84+/Ti84+SE (b/w model) which is a single file (.8xp) and can be run without MirageOS (I mean just transfer the .8xp and play) which supports playing against computer (calculator!). Please let me know.
sujoyn70 wrote:
Does anyone know a AI Chess game for Ti84+/Ti84+SE (b/w model) which is a single file (.8xp) and can be run without MirageOS (I mean just transfer the .8xp and play) which supports playing against computer (calculator!). Please let me know.

Welcome to Cemetech, sujoyn70. I'm not aware of any Chess games for MirageOS Confused . However, you may go through the Cemetech file archives to see if there are any.
Actually I'm looking for an "Non-MirageOS" Chess Game which is AI enabled. For Ti84+/Ti84+SE (b/w model) which is a single file (.8xp) and can be run without MirageOS (I mean just transfer the .8xp and play) which supports playing against computer (calculator!). Please let me know.
What do you have against MirageOS?
sujoyn70 wrote:
Actually I'm looking for an "Non-MirageOS" Chess Game which is AI enabled. For Ti84+/Ti84+SE (b/w model) which is a single file (.8xp) and can be run without MirageOS (I mean just transfer the .8xp and play) which supports playing against computer (calculator!). Please let me know.

Apart from Chess: Material Value Calculator, I couldn't find any more chess games for the TI84+ in Cemetech's Archives.
I was wondering why there is a non-MirageOS qualifyer?

I'm pretty sure the this: https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/443/44398.html is one of the better Chess programs for the 84 with AI but you need a MOS compatible shell - I highly recommend Doors CS: https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/430/43068.html which can run any BASIC or ASM program or game, including MirageOS, Ion, Doors CS, and nostub programs.

There aren't any nostub or BASIC chess programs that I'm aware of with AI.
I have nothing against MirageOS but I'm looking for simplicity, or just 'copy-n-play'. Looking for a single .8xk AI-Chess game, which I can send to an non-techie friend, who can just transfer the 'single' file to calculator and play! Please let me know if you know any such AI-Chess game for Ti84+/SE.
Oh well then then you're in luck!

Doors CS 7 can run ASM programs directly from the PRGM menu like you wish.

You just need to install it: https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/430/43068.html and run it, it will install the necessary hooks etc to do what you wish. After this you can run ASM programs directly from the PRGM menu, it can even run programs that are archived Smile.

If you ever encounter a RAM clear or something that might reset this ability you just need to re-run Doors again.

Here's a gif of it running from Doors and also just from the PRGM menu (archived as well):
Yes, I know about MirageOS and DCS, but what am looking for is a single file Chess game, which 'does-not' need any Shell to run. One example is "Chessmaster.zip" at- https://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/games/board/chess/

Above game (single .8xp file) you can directly upload to physical calculator (or jsTIfied emulator) & play, no shell needed. But the above Chessmaster game is 2-player game (human vs human). I'm looking for AI vs Human (1-player) chess game.

I hope I am able to convey myself. Please let me know if you know any such game for Ti84+/SE (b/w model). May you tag other members in this feed so that they can also suggest.
I don't think there are any BASIC chess games with AI.

Just checking that you understand if you install DCS and run it once then you don't need it run it ever again to do what you want?

From then on you can directly upload and run any BASIC or ASM program and run it without needing to run the shell as shown in the screenshot.

HOWEVER if you just don't ever want to install a shell ever, then I don't think any chess game exists with the features you want.

There is a final alternative that learning to program a chess game with AI would be a great exercise! Smile
Hmm...

I think I just found my new programming obsession for the winter!
That's very surprising! Because Chess is one of the most popular strategy / board game over there! I'm surprised to see that there's no chess TiBASIC game which is AI based for Ti84/SE series.
That would be a lot of hard work for disappointing results (too slow)
Oh! Is there only 'ONE' AI-Chess game for Ti84/SE series ? Or you're aware of any other. Posting link will be helpful. Thanks!
Well I don't know any myself, as others have said before, you can check in the archives here and on ticalc.org and tiplanet.org.
sujoyn70 wrote:
That's very surprising! Because Chess is one of the most popular strategy / board game over there! I'm surprised to see that there's no chess TiBASIC game which is AI based for Ti84/SE series.

Well, the issue there is that TI-BASIC is so slow that the AI would either be trivial to beat, or would take so long to make a move that you would get tired of it quickly. In either case, it doesn't really seem like it would be fun to play. This is probably why people have only made AIs in assembly or languages that compile to it so far.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours