There were four entries submitted for Cemetech Contest 17: On Rails by the following members:

Calcnerd (TI-84+CE)
Kydapoot (TI-84+/SE)
Rico (TI-84+CE)
Unicorn (TI-84+CE)

Please visit their contest threads linked above to find out more about their entries and development processes.

In order to vote for your favorite contest entries, you must register to vote. To register, simply get the 10-digit string from here and send it to me in a Cemetech private message. Please keep track of your string, as you will be required to enter it when voting.

The polls will open on September 2nd, 2016 and close on September 14th, 2016 at 11:59 PM ET. You will be allowed to register any time before the end of the voting period.

Requirements:
▪ Voters must have at least 10 posts in the Cemetech forums, or at least 1 file in the Cemetech archives.

Voting procedure:

1) Register to vote as described above
2) Download the zip with all contest entries using this link
3) Play each game and review the source code if possible.
4) Vote for your three favorite games using [polling closed]
I'm just going to bump this for visibility, You can now vote!
Is there a (free) CE emulator that I can use to test out the other entries? I don't have a CE.
Kydapoot wrote:
Is there a (free) CE emulator that I can use to test out the other entries? I don't have a CE.

I believe you are out of luck - Unless you could get a friend to lend you a CE...
Oh well. Ill look closely at the screenshots and the code then.
Six people have cast their votes for CC17 contestants. If you would like your opinion to be heard, please take the time to review the four contest entries and vote for your favorites. If you participated in the contest, you may vote as well. See the first post in this thread for more information.
As voters, are we allowed to post in the thread our thoughts? I apologize if this is a dumb question.
seanlego23 wrote:
As voters, are we allowed to post in the thread our thoughts? I apologize if this is a dumb question.

Yes, you may post additional comments.
If you would still like to vote on the contest entries, you have a little more than a day left to do so. I would like to thank everyone who participated, either by taking the time to create a contest entry, commenting on other people's projects, or reviewing and voting at the end.

If you submitted a vote through Google Forms, but did not register by sending me your code in a Cemetech private message the vote will not be counted. If you still have the string that you generated you can send it to me now, or you can generate a new string and vote again.
Now that all of the votes have been counted, I can officially announce the results of Cemetech Contest 17: On Rails.

▪ 3rd Place: Kydapoot (Railroad Empire)
▪ 2nd Place: Rico (RailMaze)
▪ 1st Place: Unicorn (Switch Operator)

The top three participants will each receive a commemorative plaque with the following design:

Congrats, Unicorn! And nicely done to the other contestants.
Oh yay! Congratulations everybody! Just curious, how many people voted?
Sorry, but I couldn't vote because I don't have a CE to test the programs on.
Awesome job with the contest everybody! Congrats to the winners and those that entered!

I have a little to say about each game Smile

RailMaze: This game is quite fun, though there were some graphical and game-breaking bugs. I enjoyed figuring out each level, it took me about 20-30 minutes to go through it all. The level editor is something I very much look forward to.

Railroad Empire: I couldn't play this very much, because of having a CE, but what I did see was pretty nice! It seemed pretty complete and had an interesting aspect, having to wait for a certain amount of time before you got updates.

Train Rush: This game was not very complete sadly, but it was/is a very good idea! If you could get collision working better, erase things a bit smother, and fix the sprite backgrounds, it would be very fun! I suggest working this more.

Anyways, I had a good time testing and participating in the contest! Very Happy
Also, maybe you could make kydapoot's calc a 84+ SE in the image because he made it for that calc?

(Is there anything you guys need from me - in terms of personal info?)
Kydapoot wrote:
Oh yay! Congratulations everybody! Just curious, how many people voted?

There were 9 valid votes.

Unicorn wrote:
Anyways, I had a good time testing and participating in the contest! Very Happy
Also, maybe you could make kydapoot's calc a 84+ SE in the image because he made it for that calc?

(Is there anything you guys need from me - in terms of personal info?)

I am glad that you enjoyed the contest. I was thinking about changing Kydapoot's calculator to and 84+SE, but he has opted to not receive the plaque at this time. If you could send me your mailing address (this goes for Rico as well) in a PM, that would be great.
Ok then, sounds good!
Congratulations to the winners, and my hat is off to everyone who entered. It was a challenging, open-ended contest across several summer months, so I'm particularly impressed that you all completed functioning entries, submitted on time. I can't wait to see what all of you will continue creating in the future! I must also acknowledge Jonbush, whose dedicated, tireless work made this contest possible. He has gone above and beyond as a staff member in being self-directed, taking initiative, and fulfilling the duties of his role here with no nagging from me. I'm really excited to see what our next contests will look like!
I have finished making the plaques for Unicorn and Rico, and I will be sending them as soon as I get their addresses.

Those look nice!
Also, will we be getting feedback on our entries?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours