Would you like to see the original DOOM on the CE?
Yes
 94%  [ 86 ]
No
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 91

This is just a quick message folks,

School is about to start and I have been preparing the first two days..
I will still be working on the project during my spare time. I have just recieved my K&R C book and I have just started reading it. But right now, most of my work on the project will be working on compressing and making the size of the .wad smaller. I will most likely attempt to build a program to compress and modify the .wad as I cannot be re-distributing copyrighted material.

Thanks for taking the time to read,
~doubledogdare610
Too bad the CSE can't run C. Perhaps in the future, once I learn ASM, I could do a port to the CSE. Although that would take quite a long time, so I don't really see that happening.
*Bump* So how's it coming along everyone? (I'm still learning C, unfortunately, as Job Corps doesn't leave me with a lot of time to do so)
I've done almost no work since school started, I've been super busy Sad But I have thought about the keys a bit, and here's my main idea. If you have any suggestions, please share them.

2nd & mode: pivoting left/right
4-directional keys: move forward/backward/left/right
alpha: shoot
X, T, (theta), n: change weapon
y=: open door
graph: menu
enter: select
I have not been able to work on it either since school started for me. However, I should be able to in the next couple weeks.
Although, my knowledge of C is a lot greater now so it will be easier for me to change the code to fit the calculator.
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
I've done almost no work since school started, I've been super busy Sad But I have thought about the keys a bit, and here's my main idea. If you have any suggestions, please share them.

2nd & mode: pivoting left/right
4-directional keys: move forward/backward/left/right
alpha: shoot
X, T, (theta), n: change weapon
y=: open door
graph: menu
enter: select

That sounds like a good idea. But how about we use the left and right keys to pivot, and 2nd and alpha to shoot/reload?
Would it be better to use the vars and clear keys for pivoting? 1. They're right underneath the directional keys so it's pretty easy. 2. The directional keys are already being used by turning.
Just my thoughts.
That's a even better idea! We'll go with that one.
Soo....

I know school's on and all, and you guys are probably pretty busy with schoolwork and all, but how's this coming along?

I do plan to take a look at the source code that was posted, so that I can at least learn a little bit faster, and start helping more.
I'm working on changing doomdef.h and anything that uses that, because it looks like that is where a bunch of defines are that would need to be changed to be compatible with the CE. Do you want me to pm you the code or add it to the respiratory?
Also, I suggest we create the src,obj,and bin file folders to be compatible with Mateo's makefile.
Just add it to the repos. And I think that we should go along with that suggestion.
I'll start porting the file with the controls. Once I've gone over it, I'll send it to you guys to edit. There is some C++, so I'll make a comment when ever I see some. It may take a while since its a huge file, though.
Will the controls be able to be changed in an options menu? Also good luck on the project!
We may or may not implement that. If we do, it will be done at a later date because we are still working on making it compatible with the CE.
I'm going to guess what stuff we are keeping for the port and what we're not, based on the fact that some computer things aren't needed on the Calc.
Should I comment out the computer code and put in calculator code, or should I just delete the computer code?
Also, are we making this multiplayer?
seanlego23 wrote:
I'm going to guess what stuff we are keeping for the port and what we're not, based on the fact that some computer things aren't needed on the Calc.
Should I comment out the computer code and put in calculator code, or should I just delete the computer code?

I'm commenting out the computer code, so others can see the changes.

I say not yet for multiplayer. Maybe after were done with the game, the file size is manageable, and there is enough documentation for the link port.
Does anyone have sprites for this so we can implement a palette?
I googled it and I found a bunch of good spritesheets. I can't access any of them (blaming the firewall), but I'm sure we can set up a palette from one of them.
So.....

I'm still learning C, and I'd like to know how you guys are doing on this project.
Hey! It's been a while, and we've hadn't had an update yet. Why don't you say how it is coming along?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours