For some reason my calculator wont connect to TI Connect CE anymore. I got the newest OS and 5.2 Connect CE. When I try to transfer prgms from my brothers calc to mine. (same model) it waits/ stutters and then stops. For some reason the light turns red. Can anyone tell me whats wrong? Sad Graphing Calculator
Just to clarify is it a mini usb a to mini usb b cable which came with the calculator and you are trying to connect two calculators to each other? Maybe you replaced the cable with one for something else and of different type...
Or is it a cable with regular usb end going into computer and works with your brothers calculator using ti connect ce but does not work with your calculator... Maybe try resetting your calculator...
It's a usb a to usb b cable
I have never tried connecting 2 ti ce calculators together but remember that plugging mini usb cable into one calculator on its own would wake it up only if i plugged the A marked end of the cable into the calculator and wouldn't wake it up if it was the other end...
and now it doesnt connect to Ti Connect CE

Ive contacted TI Care
PLZ HELP
Ive had it for only one year

Should i reinstall OS?
#Tankidaboss wrote:
and now it doesnt connect to Ti Connect CE

Ive contacted TI Care
PLZ HELP
Ive had it for only one year

Should i reinstall OS?

Yep, this is highly recommend. Press [2nd]+[del]+[The little reset button in the back] to reinstall your OS.
But what if it doesn't connectt to ti connect ce
Then my calculator would be dead.
#Tankidaboss wrote:
But what if it doesn't connectt to ti connect ce
Then my calculator would be dead.

I don't see why it would not though
I need help. Should i risk it?

Edit: fixed it Reinstalled OS
Reinstalling the OS and resetting memory from within the calculator is fail-safe.

But wait, does it actually "reinstall" the OS, or does it just clear the RAM and flash and copy the contents of the ROM to the RAM?
oldmud0 wrote:
Reinstalling the OS and resetting memory from within the calculator is fail-safe.

But wait, does it actually "reinstall" the OS, or does it just clear the RAM and flash and copy the contents of the ROM to the RAM?

It clears out all of flash (except boot and cert things) and all of ram, and then rewrites the entire OS to flash memory.
If the boot code accidentally cleared all of the flash including all the important parts, would the calculator be officially bricked or is there a firmware/ROM that allows uploading a new boot code and OS?
Question: If I do the 2nd+del+reset, will it wipe the Archive as well? Or just the ram?
Just the RAM, unless you specifically tell it to clear your flash memory as well.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours