Since many people should know by now I'm convinced that pi is wrong, I'd like to do something that should help me in my calculus class when I feel like I should be using tau instead of pi. I've seen a thread before where someone has tried to do this, but no code was given, and I'm an absolute n00b at z80 Asm.

So, I'd like to accomplish either one of two things, depending on what's possible. Either:
1. I'd like to add a menu somewhere (perhaps by pressing the MATH button twice, or something) where I can place the τ token for easy access, and then parse it wherever it appears as a value of approximately 6.28318530.
Or:
2. I'd like to make a program/flash app that toggles an option, and when that option's on, the π token appears as τ and is parsed with a value of approximately 6.28318530.

I know practically nothing about assembly, but I dabble in Axe programming, so if there's any template in Axe that I can use for enabling and disabling this hook (from what I read, I'd imagine it'll end up being a combination of a tokenhook and parserhook), what is it, and how would I customize it to fit my needs? If hooks are not possible in Axe, then what do I have to do with Asm to get the hook to work?
Um, that's just pi multiplied by 2. So just replace it with 2π. There's no reason for a hook.
seanlego23 wrote:
Um, that's just pi multiplied by 2. So just replace it with 2π. There's no reason for a hook.

You wouldn't believe how often I get the complaint that there's no tau key on the calculator, though. I'd love to "create" that button to rub it in their faces Razz .

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours