I have a 16GB flash drive with two ISO files on it: a Windows 7 Ultimate ISO, and a Windows 98 ISO. I use these for the Oracle VM VirtualBox, simply so I have a computer that I can pump full of viruses or delete System32 or whatever, without any consequences besides spending another hour setting up Windows again. It's very fun, being able to mess with it without any problems, to see how it handles it. I don't exactly know why it is fun, but I do recommend it. If you have any operating system files on a flash drive anywhere, or an installation disc for some version of an operating system, I do recommend Oracle VM VirtualBox for testing or messing around, whatever you like.

Also, you should check out this cool video, and all of the videos this man has made, they're very interesting.
"Windows OS-Ception" by Druaga1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlhmPWH9EI
I played with vm virtual machine trying to setup linux to be able to experiment with eigenmath and other prizm add-ins by gbl08ma but couldn't succeed unfortunately. I wonder if there is a way of sharing completed setups for compiling those things successfully and without compromising the sharers security and passwords. Sorry for lacking knowledge and experience in this and potentially asking an unreasonable question here...
I have no idea what you're talking about. Here's the problem I originally had:

See, you can easily set up a virtual machine after going through the wizard. It won't work though; you still need the OS files. I don't know if that's your problem, but it was mine. Here's a tutorial I found online from a quick Google search:
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-install-Linux-on-your-Windows/?ALLSTEPS
Thanks, i was failing at the more advanced stuff like setting up software development kit (sdk) for casio fx-cg calculator (prizm) on linux - I should try again at some point and investigate if and how exactly virtual boxes are shareable or transferable...
Ah, I can't believe Druaga1 made it full circle back to me Very Happy (I'm a subscriber)

If you're going to use Linux for very small stuff, I suggest you look into Vagrant which is basically a software that uses VMWare/VirtualBox to make container-based VMs that you can throw your own code into (via shared folders), destroy and rebuild at your own whim.
amazonka wrote:
I wonder if there is a way of sharing completed setups for compiling those things successfully and without compromising the sharers security and passwords. Sorry for lacking knowledge and experience in this and potentially asking an unreasonable question here...

You could set some sort of default password before exporting the ova.
Vagrant looks in deed promissing - i wonder if gbl08ma could shares his development setup for eigenmath and other addins this way - I would be more than happy to give it another try. Many thanks
By the way, if you're already using Linux, you should try Docker, which is basically chroot on steroids (it can share the host kernel while keeping processes isolated).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours