Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

The SDK assembler tools and documentation...
will be very useful to me.
 47%  [ 9 ]
will be something I occasionally use/consult.
 52%  [ 10 ]
are of no use to me.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Thank you. It looks good
basicman wrote:
Sorry should have asked this the first time.
Should I be prepared for my memory to be reset or anthing like that when I download this to my calc? Are there any precautions that I should be aware of before I download that are not posted?


Please do be aware that double posting is usually frowned upon unless there is a 24 hour time difference between posts, until the timp has lapsed, use edit.
basicman wrote:
Sorry should have asked this the first time.
Should I be prepared for my memory to be reset or anthing like that when I download this to my calc? Are there any precautions that I should be aware of before I download that are not posted?
No, not at all, although it's always very important to periodically group projects in progress and/or back them up to a computer. And as JosJuice said, Doors CS will detect all your programs for you.

Two points of netiquette:
1) Do not double-post; please edit your posts instead.
2) This is not the correct topic for this. Doors CS 7.1 Released or something similar would be better. This topic is about the Doors CS SDK.
Unless there is a 24 hour time period between posts Razz
basicman wrote:
Thank you. It looks good
Thank you, please let me know any further feedback you have on Doors CS (in the correct thread). Qazz, well, yeah. Smile
Kerm, how do I use the sdk to compile an application?
You move your source over the compile.bat if I am not mistaken.
Im on mac, so it would be compile.sh. I need to use the mac command prompt. What I'm asking is, what do I do after compiling? How do I make a .8xk, not .8xp? And how do I sign?
ACagliano wrote:
Im on mac, so it would be compile.sh. I need to use the mac command prompt. What I'm asking is, what do I do after compiling? How do I make a .8xk, not .8xp? And how do I sign?
Brass allows you to do this provided that you have wabbitsign or wappsign, at least one of which will hopefully work via mono. I'd try wabbitsign before wappsign, personally. If you'd like, I can share my modified script for assembling applications, although you'd have to rewrite it slightly to fit the DCS SDK directory structure.
Whenever I compile a program (The source is in the source folder) it says it cannot open "binpac8x.py". Does anyone know how to fix this?
hijacked66 wrote:
Whenever I compile a program (The source is in the source folder) it says it cannot open "binpac8x.py". Does anyone know how to fix this?


install python.
hijacked66 wrote:
Whenever I compile a program (The source is in the source folder) it says it cannot open "binpac8x.py". Does anyone know how to fix this?
Both read the README and install Python. Wink Python 2.7 is a simple one-or-two-click install and will do the trick. Python 3.x will work too.
Not sure if this is where this belongs, but clicking on the DCS_SDK link for DCS7, from anywhere, renders "Error retrieving data for specified file" and does not go to the download page. You may want to get on fixing this.
ACagliano wrote:
Not sure if this is where this belongs, but clicking on the DCS_SDK link for DCS7, from anywhere, renders "Error retrieving data for specified file" and does not go to the download page. You may want to get on fixing this.
Which anywhere are you talking about? The Archives page appears to do exactly what it's supposed to:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=470

Edit: In addition, the Doors CS 7 SDK link on the Doors CS wiki, which leads to the Doors CS 7 SDK page on ticalc.org, also leads to a correct download:
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/341/34192.html

Edit #2: Apparently ACagliano is the only person to ever try to click the links on the Projects page for Doors CS 7. That SDK download link has been fixed.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement