i need sum help with findin apps....
*i need 1 that will let the palm control itunes... so i can control music when playin full screen games
*i need to figure out how it can get internet access from bein in the dock....
*i need a GOOD graphing calculator program
...thanx
I don't know of graphing. If you had a Pocket PC, then you could use Pocket VTI
http://www.idealog.us/2005/10/using_the_palm_.html
Good call Ult Dev. Congrats Pat!
o btw.. wifi is NOT an option... and i have a pc...
Does it have on SD or CF slot? You can just get an expansions card if you want to add WiFi capabilities to it.
u cant do that on the m130 without payin a whole lot of money.. and i aint gonna do that... if it was $5 id do it... thats the most id pay
Yeah, not gonna happen. Maybe $25-$30 on eBay, but not $5. I'm pretty sure you can connect to the internet on a palm using your comp as a bridge.
i cant figure out how...
Well, yeah...but then what's the point?

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=3216 <-- Palm m130 specs
These are WiFi cards for PDA's
http://www.tucows.com/Windows/PDA/PalmOS/Calculators/ScientificCalculators/ <-- Palm OS calcs
KermMartian wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can connect to the internet on a palm using your comp as a bridge.

or you could just use your computer to connect to the internet and enjoy a much bigger display and a faster proc Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
or you could just use your computer to connect to the internet and enjoy a much bigger display and a faster proc Rolling Eyes

BRILLIANT.... wait... no... stupid comment... im not tryin to get on internet with it.. but to use the progs that control things on ur comp u need lan connection.. i cant do wifi so i have to conect thru dock.. by connecting to lan i connect to internet

i want to able to control itunes without havin to minimize my game.. also it would b nice to have aim on there so i can sit on couch and reply to ims... im not made of money... so im NOT spendin any!
patl411 wrote:
I want to able to control itunes without havin to minimize my game.. also it would b nice to have aim on there so I can sit on couch and reply to ims... im not made of money... so im NOT spendin any!

as for controling iTunes - did you ever try something like global shortcuts? I know winamp has em, so that i can hit like ctrl-shift-p to play/pause, even if it doesn't have focus....(just a suggestion, as it sounds easier than trying to do it through your PDA)

Oh, and you DID say you wanted internet on it Rolling Eyes
Quote:
*I need to figure out how it can get internet access from bein in the dock....
not for surfing the internet.. y the hell would i do that?
i want to use the palm s i can see the song list
patl411 wrote:
I want to use the palm s I can see the song list

Oh, right, i guess that would help if you only had 1 monitor.. Hm.. There are overlays that display the currently playing song on top of everything else (works in games), but i don't think that does what you want. The problem, me thinks, is that the dock doesn't function as a network interface, and you'll therefore have to find something specific...
it has been done for the mac... but only for mac...

i want to b able to scroll the list and choose songs... even with dual monitor u cant do that without minimizing the game...
Yeah, that's true. I know there's a calc program to control media player from a graphlink/silverlink-connected calc, but not for palm.
there was a plugin for lcd smartie.. but its not on the site ne more... not quite wut i want but closest so far... right now i use lcd smartie to sho ram usage, hard drive usage.. cpu work load.. etc.....
Oohhh, that's cool! Got a url for that?
umm... ya its from hackaday....here

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours