Hello. I have a problem with my TI-84 Plus where it won't turn on and when i hold delete and try to power it on the calculator will flash a error message but i can't read it before the calc turns back off. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks
Are the batteries (nearly) dead? Based on the description, that would be my first guess.
Runer112 wrote:
Are the batteries (nearly) dead? Based on the description, that would be my first guess.

They work fine with my TI-83 plus. I have to share batteries because i am out.
Maybe record a slow mo video to read that error message when you watch it back?
Does the error message appear for about the same time, or does it get fainter and faster to disappear each time you try to read it?
Is the message something like "RAM cleared"?
Make sure the contrast isn't too low.
Press [2nd] and then hold [UP]
Or...
Does it say something along the lines of this?
Quote:
Waiting...

Please install
calculator
software now

Try removing the battery and the backup battery, and press [ON]+[DEL] while you put the batteries in.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours