Do I
Buy a new one
 16%  [ 2 ]
Fix it
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

Ok so my ti 84 plus CE likes to just randomly clear its ram , regardless of what I'm doing. Should I try to fix it , or am I better off buying a new one. I have already tried completely resetting it, and reinstalling the OS , and it still does it. Anybody have any ideas? Or know where I could get a cheap replacement Razz
cheap CE's will be hard to come by. Good luck finding a replacement that is less than $100.
I don't know how you could fix this. Maybe if could describe what caused the problem, or identify what you were doing before the problem occurred, or if it has always happened.
It should be under warranty - I would send it for repair...
What version is your TI-84 Plus CE? The latest update could be responsible for clearing the RAM randomly, or you could have an outdated version, which can be solved with updating via TI-CONNECT CE.
You can check the version by pressing 2nd, +, then 1.
it happened after i updated to OS 5.1.5 . is has always happened after the update, and there is no way to downgrade. i have a warranty from Walmart, but im not sure whether it covers this or not.
Are you sure something's not stuck on the reset button? (Does the CE still have a reset button?)
it does, and i have checked it and there is nothing stuck in it
Hmm, right now I am thinking, maybe you should dump your ROM, run a checksum on it, and compare it against that of somebody who also owns a CE (assuming the same OS version).
I cannot imagine Walmart or at least Texas Instruments not honouring warranty for such a new device.
i would dump the ROM with tilp? Im not entirely sure how to do that Razz i think its covered under warranty though, because i looked at the receipt an it says 2 -year warranty, and its not even 1 year old.
Well, if you insist.
Just spoke to Texas Instruments, and 2-3 weeks i will get a replacement! theyre super nice
I'm glad it is sorted and good luck with the replacement
I would have checked the battery compartment. A loose connection could cause random resets.
I did, i removed the battery and checked it after i put it back it. I dont think the battery was the problem, but hey you never know.
I know I'm two days late to this conversation but....TI replaces all calculators within one year of purchase unless the unit has physical damage. They don't repair any calculators. The "2" year warranty from Walmart or SquareTrade is a joke because they will refer you to TI during that first year.
TIshane wrote:
I know I'm two days late to this conversation but....TI replaces all calculators within one year of purchase unless the unit has physical damage. They don't repair any calculators. The "2" year warranty from Walmart or SquareTrade is a joke because they will refer you to TI during that first year.

Yes you are correct, that's exactly what they did . don't worry a out being late .
mine has the same problem though it is a ti-84 plus, Not a CE, so it may be a program issue, or it could just be that both our calculators are faulty.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours