G-CLOCK is a clock add-in for CASIO fx-CG10/fx-CG20 Graphing Calculator:

Current functionality is just switching between main menu and the addin in 12-hour format timekeeping mode with PM and backlight indicator.

Look wise I tried other background colours closer to digital watch ones but they looked different even between LCD versions I have on my calculators and were certainly less legible at least when viewed at an angle so I opted for the white background at the end.

I may extend this add-in eventually to integrate with my LOCK add-in and possibly even a little bit more with the OS itself but for now it is even lacking time setup interface - you will have to use other tools to set it up at least once - I used gbl08ma's excellent Utilities add-in.

The other items on my to do list are: shortcuts to launch applications as if from the main menu (1 for Run-Mat, etc), running other commands, 24-hour format option, timer, stopwatch (maybe alarm and calendar), option to auto power off, changing the addin icon to look more like a digital watch in 3D at an angle, drawing weekday etc on the addin icon upon exiting it if I manage that.

I hope you will enjoy using this addin and look forward to your feedback.

See my signature below for add-in description and source code downloads archived here:
thanks a lot
You are most welcome - I am working on a new release of this and Lock add-ins so watch this space.
I'm thinking about releasing an update with more features like launcing apps by their shortcuts directly from g clock, respecting auto power off, running no background but rather displaying time (and voltage) at the status bar of the OS main menu, and the date on the add-ins icon. And the current big digital display view will still show once you press exe or on add-in startup if done not by selection from main menu but via a corresponding shortcut key press.

One thing I found out by playing with language add-in are the OS built in fonts for the main menu status bar. So now i wonder if to use those or my own ones - I find native fonts a bit wide looking to display numbers and have created my own ones which are 1 px narrower but maybe keeping it as native as possible is the best way.

I will probably be working on settings part for bit longer now - so any feedback before the new update is very welcome.
Update from the new readme file just for reference now - will add screenshots and more details a bit later:
Code:
Updated version adds current time and battery voltage display to MAIN MENU status bar and current date to the MAIN MENU icon of the add-in itself. Pressing [EXE] or [MENU] switches between the above and a familiar digital watch style display (however launching the add-in via shortcut without selecting it first in the MAIN MENU won’t change the date on the G-CLOCK’s MAIN MENU icon, etc).

The functionality was extended from just switching between main menu and timekeeping mode to allowing navigating/launching of other apps and add-ins by their relevant keys/shortcuts (1 for Run-Mat, and so on) from both modes.

I also added SET UP (SHIFT > MENU) key for setting up the desired time by this add-in and it should automatically detect if the current year is set below 2016, implemented some other improvements. I may extend those settings to set up user defined shortcuts for custom scripts in the future. And may also try to allow launching of the same scripts from my LOCK add-in if it won’t increase LOCK’s add-in size too much.
By the way, the syscalls for drawing with the Main Menu font are now documented:

http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php/Bdisp_MMPrint
http://prizm.cemetech.net/index.php/Bdisp_MMPrintRef

Thanks Simon Lothar for the discovery.
Thanks for keeping wiki updated (and your add-ins)
Pun intended in the introductory sentence of the readme file: It should not come as a Great SHOCK that G-CLOCK is foremost a Great CLOCK add-in for CASIO fx-CG10/fx-CG20 and G-SHOCK fans will love it especially...

Updated version adds current time and battery voltage display to MAIN MENU status bar and current date to the MAIN MENU icon of the add-in itself:

Pressing [EXE] or [MENU] switches between

the above and a familiar digital watch style display:

(however launching the add-in via shortcut without selecting it first in the MAIN MENU won’t change the date on the G-CLOCK’s MAIN MENU icon, etc). The current functionality of the add in was implemented on the "Back to Future" date so that is what displays when the add-in is not running:

The functionality was extended from just switching between main menu and timekeeping mode to allowing navigating/launching of other apps and add-ins by their relevant keys/shortcuts (1 for Run-Mat, and so on) from both modes.

I also added SET UP (SHIFT > MENU) key for setting up the desired time by this add-in

and it should automatically detect if the current year is set below 2016. I also implemented some other improvements, like displaying noon and midnight hours as 12 o'clock, etc plus other things I indicated some time ago.

I may extend those settings to specify 12 and 24 hour formats, or to specify if the add-in should start at MAIN MENU screen or digital watch screen,

...and something I'm really excited about is to try to set up user defined shortcuts for custom scripts in the future. It is in my opinion quite a powerful automation tool so may take a bit of time for me again to finalise. I may also try to allow launching of the same scripts from my LOCK add-in if it won’t increase LOCK’s add-in size too much. So setup will be handled by G-CLOCK but launching will hopefully also be possible from Lock add-in upon successful password entry if selected in its settings.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Following the latest addition of the time display on the Main Menu I'm minded to release a version of this add-in with time display also added in the status area of the built in apps like Run-Matrix, Spreadsheet, Recursion, Conic Graphs, Equation, Financial, System...

Launching of other applications has to remain the same for now as some of them I do not know how to access correctly...

Your suggestions or any help on this is most welcome
I also would love some feedback if separate/stand-alone add-ins for Run-Matrix etc as above with time display in the status area would be useful for someone...
I'm sorry, I'm new at this. I found this app a lot usefull. Is there anyway for me to get the information on the menu tab without having go be on the app? For isntance, if I'm using the regular calculations matrix, can i still have the info on the top of the screen? Is there anyway for you to make a tutorial on how to properly install this app? Thanks!
do you mean like this ? - I have implemented it in G-Clock for most of the built in apps but before uploading the update I wanted to try a new tip from Simon to see if it helps with the apps I had a problem with. I also still wonder if people want stand-alone add-ins i.e. one for each app to show the time in the status bar... So more feedback is welcome
Yes! Like that one. How do you do it? How can I have it?
Fausto wrote:
Yes! Like that one. How do you do it? How can I have it?

There are 2 options giving the above:

1) go for updated G-CLOCK add-in version which I delayed releasing while testing it for a bit longer. This means having only 1 add-in which adds time in the status bar of almost all built in applications, but you have to start G-CLOCK first then press standard keyboard shortcuts for each application (1 for Run-Matrix or 4 for Spreadsheet and so on including alpha keys like A for Equation or G for System)

or

2) to have multiple new add-ins each for the specific built-in app, i.e. multiple add-ins added in main menu to be launched directly to give you the same view like above combining one built-in app with the time display in its status area. In other words, similar to the previous option but without having to launch G-Clock first (probably the only benefit at the cost of losing other features of G-Clock)... Other potential drawback is potentially ending up with too many new icons on the main menu as well.

I'm really keen to have more feedback or other opinions on the above
I did that. I have the G-GLOCK add-in but when i open it and then press 1 for EXE-Matrix it closes and doesn't show the time in the status bar. What should i do?
Sorry, the version in the archive downloads is outdated - please wait until I update the read me file etc for it to be accepted - I have just decided to add a feature defaulting G-CLOCK to starting in a built in application view provided it was setup in my separate password protection add-in Lock if compatible with the rest of G-CLOCK so I will have a delay on my side again, really sorry about that but uploading updates is not my strongest point.

Thanks for your feedback as always
No problem! I will wait for it, but it will come in handy!
Is there a release date? Or do you expect to launch it when?
I am still working on it - it is getting more and more complicated so I will need to document the features too - I will end up with two add-ins now - defaulting to Lock's add-in settings is already working in the new add-in but new G-clock will default to digital clock view as it does currently.

Right now I'm working on better detection between the new add-in and G-Clock. Still will need to make icons for new add-in and description of new functionality. To speed it up I will release new things as separate beta add-ins (a completely new add-in designed to work together with a newer version of G-CLOCK) and keep the previous G-CLOCK separately in archive to give people choice between stable release and experimental one with more features.

I expect to publish the beta release in a week or two.
I speed-ed up the release and have just now uploaded both addins in one beta release - I will post separately here https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12860 once my upload is accepted by admins. I look forward to the feedback please given that it is a beta release and will not be as stable as the previous version still available in Archives here for those who prefer it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours