CHill wrote:
PT_ wrote:
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy now Smile I succesfully compiled a normal program, without any errors Very Happy

Congrats! Great job on this wonderful tool i am sure to use many times in the future.
When will it be uploaded to the archives, do you think?

Thanks Smile
I need to implement Repeat (almost done), and Lbl/Goto. When I'm not busy, I maybe can upload this tomorrow. Note, I still need to bugtest all cases, and also write documentation etc.
great job dude cant wait to use it Smile
Why does it turn black for a split second during compiling? Also, will source be posted as well? This seems quite impressive.
Wonderful job, I'm super happy to see this project has actually worked out in the end. Besides the final commands you've mentioned, do you think you will be adding in more features? Notably, things that can't be done in pure basic? I'm sure you could find a few routines to do interesting things that are already nicely optimized and available, I'm guessing at this point it would just be a matter of adding more stuff to the parser.
This would of course make this project move closer to things like axe, which I don't think is a bad thing...
oldmud0 wrote:
Why does it turn black for a split second during compiling? Also, will source be posted as well? This seems quite impressive.

To make the RAM better accessable and make it more easy to check if there is any data, I will erase the first 80K or vRAM, because it needs the first 80K. After compiling, it makes direct a program, and restores the homescreen. In a newer version, this will be done at the background, by using 8bpp, so that users don't see this Wink
Keep up the great work on this, PT_! I'm glad you haven't lost momentum on the project, unlike so many other creators of TI-BASIC compiler-like projects. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Keep up the great work on this, PT_! I'm glad you haven't lost momentum on the project, unlike so many other creators of TI-BASIC compiler-like projects. Smile

Because this is my first big full ASM project. I really like it, and I've profit of it too, I will definitely use it Wink

On the other side, I gotta work this week, and I'm pretty busy, which means I've not much time for programming. I hope to upload v1.0 this week, but I can't promise anything. I still need to bugtest it all and implement Lbl/Goto Smile
ICE v1.0 is ready!!!

ICE Compiler is a program that compiles TI-BASIC-like language to ASM, the machine code. Create insane games, use the color screen, and make the step to ASM smaller! Speed up your BASIC programs and it's super easy to use! Type your program in the normal editor, compile it within seconds, and you have hours of fun! It doesn't require any shell.

If it's getting accepted, I will add a link to it (it's already here: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=587211)
Please, please read the README and DOCUMENTATION...
WOO HOO dude I can't wait to use it. Sadly , my replacement 84 plus CE won't come for another week . can't wait to use it ☺
Version 1.1 July XX, 2016
☐ Lbl/Goto
☐ Display strings
☑ getKey
☑ Use ix for accessing variables
☐ Input (working on)
☑ rand
I'm really surprised there aren't more people flipping out about how amazing this is.
Great work PT_!!! Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea
Once the version with getKey gets accepted and finals are over I'm going to start experimenting.
andressevilla wrote:
I'm really surprised there aren't more people flipping out about how amazing this is.
Once the version with getKey gets accepted and finals are over I'm going to start experimenting.
Either another admin already accepted it, or it hasn't been uploaded yet. I can't wait to hear what your experiences have been! I too am really impressed, and I hope I have time to write Cemetech news about this very soon. I'd love to be able to play with a few demo programs to get a feel for it, if some exist?
andressevilla wrote:

Thanks Smile Maybe there are much more people flipping out, but they are doing it silent Razz
Anyway, I am these days ( = next 11 weeks) pretty busy with work, and in the evening either too busy, or too tired to work frequently on ICE. Also, I need to rewrite the whole operator/boolean jumping routines etc, cuz I gonna add the functions, like getKey and rand. Although I hope I will finish v1.1 soon Very Happy
andressevilla wrote:

I'm sure I speak for a few people when I say that I am personally very impressed by this, not only the fact that it works, but that it is all done on-calc, which is something I am very fond of, since it makes it 1000000 times simpler for end users. Also, I am very likely to be getting a CE once I find one on sale (or when I see a snazzy white/gold one for sale) and will have a blast trying out all the cool things that have been popping up like this, cesium/doors, c programs, etc. So don't be alarmed by the lack of freaking out, people on here tend to remain fairly quiet when commenting on other people's work.
On the one hand, technically, the first compiler for a TI-Basic-like language on the TI-eZ80 series is an achievement, and it would therefore be fully newsworthy on its own, on all of the community's active sites.
On the other hand, the fact that v1.0 - with the implied meaning of "1.0", that is - is lacking getKey / Input (I knew about that) and displaying strings (according to the above todo list; I hadn't noticed), and maybe doesn't have enough examples of its own, is clearly reducing the usability of this initial version of your otherwise good work, and certainly enough for people to be more quiet about ICE than if it had such features and documentation Smile
Front page news items about ICE 1.0 on the active community sites would clearly make people less quiet about it, but the temporary functional limitations, which will hopefully be overcome in a matter of several weeks, could leave them with a bad initial impression, and hamper short- and mid-term popularity - which would be unfair to your work Wink

May I suggest making a v1.1 with getKey, Input, displaying strings and more examples, and also uploading v1.1 to ticalc.org, so that it can be featured ?
KermMartian wrote:
I'd love to be able to play with a few demo programs to get a feel for it, if some exist?
I try to include a small sample program with each version I will upload. Somehow I forgot to include it in the current version at Cemetech, so I will make another one, once v1.1 (0.1?) is out.

On the other side, as I said before, I will now access variables by using ix, which saves on average 6cc and 1.2 byte each time you do SOMETHING with variables. Additionally, I will speed the compiled program up, and I hope to explain that with an example. A>A is always false, no matter what A is. What I now have, is that it just adds "xor a" to the program data. In the newer version, that will be replaced with just the number 0, so (A>A)+3 won't be xor a \ add a, 3 but ld a, 3 which saves some bytes and cycles.
i dont really get how to ust ICE.
#Tankidaboss wrote:
i dont really get how to ust ICE.

In the Zip file, there is a document called DOCUMENTATION.pdf that has a fairly easy to understand "How to use" section.
☑ Custom name, after {i}, max length of 8

Pretty easy to implement Wink
PT_ wrote:
☑ Custom name, after {i}, max length of 8

Pretty easy to implement Wink

Could you elaborate on this please? I don't know what has just been implemented Evil or Very Mad
Is this regular basic or a something you've added in?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 33
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours