WappSign isn't offering "Sign" as an option (only "fill"), so I can't make an app file from my hex file (built with BasicBuilder).

Any suggestions? I've tried looking it up, and I haven't found an answer (and NO, I am NOT a noob to computers/electronics, I just don't seem to have a lot of luck lately Razz ). Thanks.
Beta7 wrote:
WappSign isn't offering "Sign" as an option (only "fill"), so I can't make an app file from my hex file (built with BasicBuilder).

Any suggestions? I've tried looking it up, and I haven't found an answer (and NO, I am NOT a noob to computers/electronics, I just don't seem to have a lot of luck lately Razz ). Thanks.
There's a few other topics on the subject here at Cemetech, but just to pull the WabbitSign line out of my Doors CS compilation batch file:

Code:
%ASM83DIR%\wabbitsign\wabbit %1.bin %1.8xk

In other words, run wabbit with blah.bin as the (unsigned) input binary and blah.8xk as the file that will be created.
*I meant on Google - didn't even think to search for it here. Razz

Okay - will try that later (at school right now Sad ).
Beta7 wrote:
*I meant on Google - didn't even think to search for it here. Razz

Okay - will try that later (at school right now Sad ).
I just ran Wabbit with no arguments, and I noticed in the usage instructions it prints that it accepts either a binary or Intel hex file as an input, so you should be all set with "wabbit blah.hex blah.8xk".
This is what I get when I try to run WappSign (in case it helps):

http://cid-700304042c1196c0.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public

*It's the only pic there
Wait, that's Wappsign, I thought you said WabbitSign. I recommend using WabbitSign instead. Alternatively, if you need to use Wappsign:

1) Click configure directories
2) Browse to the directory that has 0104.key in it
3) Click 'Detect key file now'
4) Check 'Save Settings on Exit'
5) Click close

I never use that GUI interface for signing; I use wappsign from the command line when I use it. Again, I'd personally go with Wabbitsign.
My bad Razz

I'm not at home, but will try that next. Wink
Beta7 wrote:
My bad Razz

I'm not at home, but will try that next. Wink
No, the fault is mine for not reading carefully enough. Wink
My hex file from BasicBuilder is basic.hex. I have Wabbitsign. Do I go on command prompt and do:
wabbit basic.hex codegama.8xk
I want the app to be called CODEGAMA. The terminal for my computer is command prompt.

Edit: It works, it's done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours