I'm wondering how I can make my snake to be a certain length.
I now have an infinite snake which keeps growing.
This is my code and I also have a domain error in it, which came when I added the box:

Code:
For(D,0,94)
Pxl-On(0,D)
Pxl-On(62,D)
For(E,0,62)
Pxl-On(E,0)
Pxl-On(E,94)

and the error is on this line:

Code:
If pxl-Test(Y,X)

This is the whole code.

Code:
ClrDraw
AxesOff
0→Xmin
0→Ymin
62→Ymax
94→Xmax
47→X
10→Y
1→D
1→A
0→B
0→C
For(D,0,94)
Pxl-On(0,D)
Pxl-On(62,D)
For(E,0,62)
Pxl-On(E,0)
Pxl-On(E,94)
While 1
If A=0
Then
Disp B
Stop
End
If C=0
Then
randInt(1,93)→S
randInt(1,61)→T
1→C
End
Pxl-On(T,S)
Pxl-On(Y,X)
getKey→K
If K=25
Then
If D≠2
Then
0→D
End
End
If K=26
Then
If D≠3
Then
1→D
End
End
If K=34
Then
If D≠0
Then
2→D
End
End
If K=24
Then
If D≠1
Then
3→D
End
End
If D=0
Then
Y-1→Y
End
If D=1
Then
X+1→X
End
If D=2
Then
Y+1→Y
End
If D=3
Then
X-1→X
End
If S=X and T=Y
Then
B+1→B
0→C
Else
If pxl-Test(Y,X)
Then
0→A
End
End
End
I recommend reading up on circular queues in Appendix D of "Programming the Ti-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus", which describes engineering a Snake game. Helpfully, it's available for free (although you should consider buying a copy of the book anyway, in my extremely biased opinion Very Happy ).

https://manning-content.s3.amazonaws.com/download/3/856f508-567e-4448-b40b-d91656fb2786/PTI_App.D.pdf
KermMartian wrote:
I recommend reading up on circular queues in Appendix D of "Programming the Ti-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus", which describes engineering a Snake game. Helpfully, it's available for free (although you should consider buying a copy of the book anyway, in my extremely biased opinion Very Happy ).

https://manning-content.s3.amazonaws.com/download/3/856f508-567e-4448-b40b-d91656fb2786/PTI_App.D.pdf

Thank you, I'll read it and add the needed parts.
Quote:

Code:

If K=25
Then
If D≠2
Then
0→D
End
End

Just thought it would be helpful, instead of using two If-then statements for this you could just us an And:

Code:

If K=25 and D≠2
0→D

There are many places within your code that can be refined. Other than that i think your programs pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Also, if you only have one statement after an if, like:

Code:

If D=2
then
Y+1→Y
end

It works the same way without the Then or End, like:

Code:

If D=2
Y+1→Y

The if statement only extends one line farther unless you add a then, but it is not necessary if your only stating one thing.
Stardust49 wrote:
Quote:

Code:

If K=25
Then
If D≠2
Then
0→D
End
End

Just thought it would be helpful, instead of using two If-then statements for this you could just us an And:

Code:

If K=25 and D≠2
0→D

There are many places within your code that can be refined. Other than that i think your programs pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Also, if you only have one statement after an if, like:

Code:

If D=2
then
Y+1→Y
end

It works the same way without the Then or End, like:

Code:

If D=2
Y+1→Y

The if statement only extends one line farther unless you add a then, but it is not necessary if your only stating one thing.

Thank you very very much for pointing things like this out. I really want to learn and get write better TI-BASIC code. I'll fix that right away. Thank you for your opinion also, I appreciate it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours