Hello,

Is there anyway I can display pictures properly on a TI 89T? I have a picture which I took with an iPhone and would like all of it to show up on my calculator properly.. I looked around and saw programs like Pic Viewer but it doesn't work, I convert the image to BMP, run PicViewer and click on 8 gray scale and it converts and everything seems fine... but then when I try to copy it to my calc using TILP, nothing happens.. I keep dragging and dropping but it's like nothing is happening. This doesn't happen with the other example files that were downloaded with the program..

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks! Smile
Try using TI-Connect (Not CE) and let us know how that works. It seems like a TILP problem.
Eightx84 wrote:
Try using TI-Connect (Not CE) and let us know how that works. It seems like a TILP problem.

How come this is a TILP issue while it works with other files perfectly?

I'll test later this day, I don't have the calculator atm.
Could you send me a copy of the PicViewer file privately ? There should be nothing special about those files, and given that PV has been one of the output formats of the TI-Planet mViewer GX Creator for over 2 years, even if most users don't use TILP, I should have heard of the obvious issues by now Smile

Other information useful to me includes:
* computer OS type and version;
* cable used for communicating with the calculator, almost certainly DirectLink or SilverLink;
* resolution of the image.

TIA Smile

[EDIT: Josephreak sent some of the information privately yesterday evening. TILP is right to refuse the invalid file generated by Picture Maker.]
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Could you send me a copy of the PicViewer file privately ? There should be nothing special about those files, and given that PV has been one of the output formats of the TI-Planet mViewer GX Creator for over 2 years, even if most users don't use TILP, I should have heard of the obvious issues by now Smile

Other information useful to me includes:
* computer OS type and version;
* cable used for communicating with the calculator, almost certainly DirectLink or SilverLink;
* resolution of the image.

TIA Smile

[EDIT: Josephreak sent some of the information privately yesterday evening. TILP is right to refuse the invalid file generated by Picture Maker.]

The issue was resolved!! thank you Lionel! Smile

** I have another question, should I open another topic or just ask it in this one?

Where would be a good documentation on how to program on a TI 89?
I need to know how to program a simple program to ask you for input and then gives you the output that's programmed with the input, it would also be great if I was able to program using a PC and then move it onto my calculator.

I used to program c++ but I am not sure about TI Basic.. if I were to program it on c++, it would look something like

Code:

std::string = x;
std::cout << "Input X: " << std::endl;
if (x == "(specified string)")
{
   std::cout << "(my desired output here)" << std::endl;
}

return 0;

I stopped at a very very basic level, so it sure has wrong stuff in there, but you get my idea ^^

thank you
Quote:
Where would be a good documentation on how to program on a TI 89?

For most purposes, the documentation and set of examples in GCC4TI is the main go-to reference for programming on the TI-68k series Smile
For finer aspects of the hardware's low-level behaviour, http://tict.ticalc.org/docs/J89hw.txt remains the reference documentation.
GCC4TI's better-known ancestor has been unmaintained for years, and has several buggy examples which do not compile or whose on-calc file names collide.

Quote:
I need to know how to program a simple program to ask you for input and then gives you the output that's programmed with the input,

Several examples in GCC4TI deal with retrieving user input: multiple key-based methods, multiple string-based methods.

Quote:
it would also be great if I was able to program using a PC and then move it onto my calculator.

TILP does the job.

I need to produce new Windows builds of GCC4TI, because the floating-point support was reported to be broken in the latest beta build, cross-compiled under a recent Linux distro with a recent toolchain, while it works when cross-compiled under an older Linux distro. Who knows in which ways the fragile 10+-year-old code for floating-point support, based on a severely outdated version of GCC, broke...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours