tr1p1ea wrote:
Ok excellent, that works however the scaling feature doesn't appear toapply when utilising the 'Popout LCD' menu item is all.

Oh yeah; that's more of a debugging feature for easily being able to view different bpp modes and addresses across memory to make it easy to debug double buffered or septa buffering if needed, without needing to change the main lcd. Smile You can open as many 'Popout LCD's' as you want simply by clicking the option multiple times.
All good, I have played with that feature Smile.

I'm impressed with the debugger progress as well, nice job all.
Is CEmu compatible w/ Windows 10(Pro)? I tried it, and this is what I got.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwyNDLXJtz_aNklOc0tseS1HWXM
Dudeman313 wrote:

The problem is that QtQuick, a dependency of Qt, debends on OpenGL 2.0. Your graphics card probably does not support this, or the driver is really outdated. Luckily jacobly is removing all of the QtQuick dependencies, so that won't be a problem at all when there is an actual release.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Dudeman313 wrote:

The problem is that QtQuick, a dependency of Qt, debends on OpenGL 2.0. Your graphics card probably does not support this, or the driver is really outdated. Luckily jacobly is removing all of the QtQuick dependencies, so that won't be a problem at all when there is an actual release.

That's great, because I think my graphics card is old and my drivers need updates. My laptop was made for Windows Vista, but I used a loophole to get Windows 10 Pro for free. I can't wait to use CEmu and take some fancy screenies of stuff. I actually tried to get CEmu to point out the bug in Pac-Man CE, though.
I had this problem with the latest nightly build-I no longer get a "stopped working" message, I now get nothing at all! What's wrong? Sad
http://youtu.be/JoXwsVX8LEU?hd=1
Dudeman313 wrote:
I had this problem with the latest nightly build-I no longer get a "stopped working" message, I now get nothing at all! What's wrong? Sad

1) Ouch, the TI-Connect transfers hurt to see - you can just drag'n'drop a selected set of files instead of doing them one by one...

2) Looks like you have a recent build, as per the git SHA version, so that should be good...

3) What if you rename your ROM file to have an actual .rom extension if it doesn't have it already? Then launch CEmu and select it
Adriweb wrote:
Dudeman313 wrote:

1) Ouch, the TI-Connect transfers hurt to see - you can just drag'n'drop a selected set of files instead of doing them one by one...

2) Looks like you have a recent build, as per the git SHA version, so that should be good...

3) What if you rename your ROM file to have an actual .rom extension if it doesn't have it already? Then launch CEmu and select it

1) For some strange reason, TI Connect CE won't let me do that, but I haven't upgraded yet.

2) I just downloaded Pimath's nightly build from yesterday, so I should hope it's functional.

3) I tried that. Didn't work. Also, CEmu is supposed to automatically load it after creation, like WabbitEmu.
Feature request: In the memory panes, when you've got your cursor somewhere, it should highlight the corresponding text, like this:

Additionally, being able to view the RAM as the program runs without having to stop it in the debugger would be great.
merthsoft wrote:
Feature request: In the memory panes, when you've got your cursor somewhere, it should highlight the corresponding text, like this:

Additionally, being able to view the RAM as the program runs without having to stop it in the debugger would be great.

It already does 1). What version do you have? Also, 2) is not feasible at all.
Yup indeed, I forgot about that (though it's in yellow) :
Ah, you're right. More specifically what I want is for even when it's not highlighted to have an indication of where the cursor is:

Why is 2 not feasible? Even just being able to specify a memory range to watch would be handy.
merthsoft wrote:
Why is 2 not feasible? Even just being able to specify a memory range to watch would be handy.

Because of how fast the calculator is. There would be no way to keep up. That's the purpose of memory breakpoints Smile
But that's the point, I don't want it to break. I want to be able to watch a section of memory to see if/what is changing. Even if that slows emulation down a bit, or the numbers fly by so fast I can't see them. Sometimes it'll be gated behind key-presses or something, and it'd be a lot easier to just get a window into 32 bytes of memory than writing it all out with dbgout.
I've added (main commit) a feature to CEmu's GUI, allowing to visualize some variables' contents (programs, equations, numbers), from the variables dock panel.
For variables larger than 500 bytes, you have to double-click on the variable's cell in the table, as indicated.
Moreover, the display popup has a button that lets you toggle between displaying the original content and a "reformatted" one, useful when you want to see reindented Basic code Very Happy

This feature leverages code from tivars_lib_cpp Smile

It looks like this:

Edit: improved version
Bug report: I switched CEmu to the jsTIfied keybindings (thank you for that!), closed and reopened it to apply that change, and when I press [shift] ([2nd]), the emulator crashes.
*bump*
- The jsTIfied key bindings issue
- After loading a variable, two keyboard keys work, then the keypad appears to become unfocused. I have to click on the LCD to keep pressing keys.
- Please, oh please, make a Step debug button. I don't want to have to watch whether I'm about to hit a jump to know whether I need to Step Next or Step In. Edit: Jacobly clarified Step In's behavior. Please rename this to Step to match all of the existing emulators.
- Going to Memory, realizing I need to pause the emulator, going to Debug, stopping it, switching back to Memory, .... is awkward. Let us view memory without having to pause the emulator.
I'm not aware of any emulator that updates a memory view while the emulator is running. Besides requiring a rewrite of the hex editor, I think it would run into some logistical problems. On the other hand, if all you want is to be able to go through a "snapshot" of memory as it was the last time the debugger was open, that would be quite easy to do, if a little unintuitive. Personally, I've found that the easiest way to use the memory view is to dock it to the right of everything so that you don't have to switch back and forth between tabs, assuming you have enough room to do so.
TIEmu and TilEm provide the memory view only from inside the debugger, yeah.
KermMartian wrote:
- Going to Memory, realizing I need to pause the emulator, going to Debug, stopping it, switching back to Memory, .... is awkward. Let us view memory without having to pause the emulator.

Pressing F10 opens the debugging mode without having to go to the debugging tab. Also, F6,F7,F8, and F9 correspond with Step, Step Over, Step Next, and Step Out.

EDIT: Also, CEmu now has proper support alongside the toolchain:

Prints in black inside the console:

Code:
dbg_sprintf(dbgout, "Test #%d\n",i);

Prints in an annoying red color inside the console:

Code:
dbg_sprintf(dbgerr, "Test #%d FAILED!\n",i);

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 15
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours