I recently received a Raspberry Pi 2 board, and I was wondering if I could use it like the Arduino board with ArTICL like programming. I was also wondering if I could connect my calculator to the Internet through it similar to the way it can be done through a normal computer with Gossamer. I have a WiFi chip for my Raspberry Pi 2.
16aroth6 wrote:
I recently received a Raspberry Pi 2 board, and I was wondering if I could use it like the Arduino board with ArTICL like programming. I was also wondering if I could connect my calculator to the Internet through it similar to the way it can be done through a normal computer with Gossamer. I have a WiFi chip for my Raspberry Pi 2.

You can use the Direct USB mode of CalcNet if you have a USB capable calculator. I've used it with a raspberry pi successfully.
Although I haven't tested it in a long time, Sorunome compiled a Raspberry Pi gCn client that is included in the official gCnClient download here in the Cemetech Archives.
KermMartian wrote:
Although I haven't tested it in a long time, Sorunome compiled a Raspberry Pi gCn client that is included in the official gCnClient download here in the Cemetech Archives.

Yep, that's what I used. I can confirm it works on the Raspberry Pi 1, and there's no reason it wouldn't work on the Pi 2
Quote:
I recently received a Raspberry Pi 2 board, and I was wondering if I could use it like the Arduino board with ArTICL like programming

The RPi 1, and therefore 2, can leverage libti* ( https://github.com/debrouxl/tilibs ), the basis of TILP, TilEm, titools and TIEmu.
By now, the authoritative test_ticalcs_2 usage example under the https://github.com/debrouxl/tilibs/tree/experimental/libticalcs/trunk/tests folder has become quite decent Smile
I am currently running Windows IoT core on my Raspberry Pi, Is that going to affect anything?

I tried using it on my Raspberry Pi, running Raspbian OS. It connects long enough to send a join message to the Hubs (specifically WebHub), but then it immediately begins giving me the following message, about twice a second:

Code:
Direct USB device disconnected!
Nulling device. \\given if verbose output is specified
Calculator successfully reconnected.

Occasionally between those messages I will get one that says:

Code:
Direct USB device may have stopped responding...
Direct USB device disconnected unexpectedly. Check cable and calculator.
Calculator Successfully reconnected.

This whole process has been running while I have the Gossamer program running on my calculator, and it has stayed connected to my Raspberry Pi.
Quote:
I am currently running Windows IoT core on my Raspberry Pi, Is that going to affect anything?

As far as libti*/gfm/tilp are concerned, you'd be their first user (that I know of) on this bloated and functionally limited edition of Windows Smile
One of my colleagues, good software developer and architect in the former and current work projects, whom I trust, tried it, and lamented about how disappointing it was, unexpectedly to him. This real-world experience matches what I had read about Win 10 IoT Core.

There are no ARM-based binaries of libti* at the moment, you'd have to build them by yourself if you stick to that platform. There are outdated VS 2008 solution files in the tilibs and tilp_and_gfm repositories, but as nobody uses them because cross-compilation from under Linux is a more usable solution for me, they'd have to be upgraded to keep up with changes in the file sets.
Now that there's a full-featured Community Edition of VS 2015 usable for open source projects, support for older VS versions can go, as far as building libti* is concerned, and the solution files could use an upgrade, in the next development cycle.
16aroth6 wrote:

I tried using it on my Raspberry Pi, running Raspbian OS. It connects long enough to send a join message to the Hubs (specifically WebHub), but then it immediately begins giving me the following message, about twice a second:

Code:
Direct USB device disconnected!
Nulling device. \\given if verbose output is specified
Calculator successfully reconnected.

Occasionally between those messages I will get one that says:

Code:
Direct USB device may have stopped responding...
Direct USB device disconnected unexpectedly. Check cable and calculator.
Calculator Successfully reconnected.

This whole process has been running while I have the Gossamer program running on my calculator, and it has stayed connected to my Raspberry Pi.

I would highly recommend ditching Win 10 IoT core, as it's just that, only a core. I had the same USB disconnect messages when I tried going the direct USB route, but it still seemed to work.
Ivoah wrote:
I would highly recommend ditching Win 10 IoT core, as it's just that, only a core. I had the same USB disconnect messages when I tried going the direct USB route, but it still seemed to work.

I didn't even try on the Windows 10 IoT core. When I connected my calculator through Direct USB, it would connect long enough to send a message that it had joined the Hub. After that it just disconnecting and reconnecting (about twice a second it would go through that process. The calculator side didn't respond, I was trying to use Gossamer, and it just seemed as if it was stuck loading the page. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and it said it was still trying to load the page.
*bump*

I've decided to try this project again. I'm running the latest version of Raspbian (Jessie), and I'm trying to figure out how to install the usb filter. Do I just copy the file somewhere or do I run some command from the terminal?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours