tr1p1ea wrote:
Ahh yes I had briefly tried it and it is nice to see that main menu working Smile.

I was wondering if you had a chance to try SUVUTU? I haven't had much of a chance to investigate myself.

Also I wonder how Doors CE would look as a logo?

Looks great!
dreamdragon wrote:
Wait the beta is out? Where can I sign up?

No. Only Kerm and tr1p1ea have already DoorsCE, for creating the program actually. When it is in a stable state, Kerm will make it closed-beta for specific bug-testers, and once that is ready, it will be open-beta, and then can everyone use it.
Great Work, Kerm! I can't wait for its release!
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
Great Work, Kerm! I can't wait for its release!
Thank you (and more like "great work, tr1p1pea!" Wink ). Although it continues to crawl along, we'll do our best to find time to finish off the remaining features and bug-fixes when we can.
*bump* Current issues.
  • Debug crash on 2:Goto Found and fixed.
  • Debug crashes/freezes with folder restoration. Repaired.
  • Resolve problems with implementing poweroff to ensure that OS will not crash after quitting DCE after poweroff/APD.
  • Ensure that memory leak when DCE ran itself via HomeRun is resolved.
  • Test C/ASM library loading from Mateo within DCE
  • Make hook chainer work properly, at least with GetKeyHook and AppChangeHook.
  • Make shell functions called via ExecArcHook put their cleanup routines in safeRAM instead of assuming the layout of Archive hasn't changed. Done for AppChangeHook, not yet for ParserHook.
  • Make editing both archived and Unarchived programs from the home screen work. Sorted and tested, other than implementing the previous item.
  • Debug crash when loading new DCE version over old on emulator. -> Probably caused by HomeRun pointing to the wrong place because the stub is not loaded. Yep, caused by stub not holding proper contents. Need to detect this and let the OS handle running the program instead. Possibly (untested) fixed. Relies on following item.
  • HomeRun ParserHook uses absolute calls to ParserHookChkPrgm, getHomescreenToken, and getHomescreenByte. This makes it crash it many circumstances.
  • Consider label/home/end menu
  • Create small core ASM library for DCE programs?
  • Graphical artifacts on homescreen as reported by tr1p1ea
  • xLIBCE! Very much underway.
  • Implement homescreen rectangle command, a la TextLib. Oh, I did this
  • Support Cesium icons.
Woo, nice work Kerm and tr1p1ea Very Happy I do like seeing all the neat screenshots and stuffs as it goes along. Let me know if you need any help with routines and/or stuffs; I'd be happy to help in any way possible. Anywho, keep up the awesome work! There's a ton of people looking forward to this Smile
This is awesome! Paging through this thread, I'm surprised how far this has come already! I'm impatient, though Razz , so what with all I'm seeing here (like that awesome screenie of a Zelda-like game...is that the speed it actually would run on a CE?), I'm going to expect a good amount of progress. Hopefully you can get it done as soon as possible!

Oh, and one thing: I haven't seen how you'll resolve any conflict with Cesium's prgmA launcher. Are we going to be able to use both shells simultaneously, or must only one be used at a time?
JWinslow23 wrote:
This is awesome! Paging through this thread, I'm surprised how far this has come already! I'm impatient, though Razz , so what with all I'm seeing here (like that awesome screenie of a Zelda-like game...is that the speed it actually would run on a CE?), I'm going to expect a good amount of progress. Hopefully you can get it done as soon as possible!

Oh, and one thing: I haven't seen how you'll resolve any conflict with Cesium's prgmA launcher. Are we going to be able to use both shells simultaneously, or must only one be used at a time?

Honestly, I don't see why you would need Cesium once DCE9 comes out.
One problem I have with all the Doors series, is that it takes forever to archive, lock, and hide programs. With Cesium, it gets into a routine, with you just repeatedly pressing alpha and 2nd. With Doors CE, this will be much harder. An option that would do it all at once would be a great solution to this problem. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement this though. Smile
May i assume that the DCE folder system will be identical to that of earlier versions? Smile
c4ooo wrote:
May i assume that the DCE folder system will be identical to that of earlier versions? Smile
The code inside the shell that handles folders is not identical, but it does follow the same folder naming, numbering, and tagging conventions as in previous versions.
I see very much of progress. But one question, will there be a mouse in the DCE? I think there will be, but by seeing last GIFs on this topic I don't see any mouse there, so I'm just curious.

Also, if start of development is 0% and open-beta is 100%, where are we now, at what percent? What about closed-beta?
KKZiomek wrote:
I see very much of progress. But one question, will there be a mouse in the DCE? I think there will be, but by seeing last GIFs on this topic I don't see any mouse there, so I'm just curious.

There hasnt been a mouse in doors since DCS7, but it isn't really needed. Shortcut keys and arrow keys make a mouse slow and clumsy by comparison.
Although, I do miss my cute customized 'C' cursor Laughing
KKZiomek wrote:
Also, if start of development is 0% and open-beta is 100%, where are we now, at what percent? What about closed-beta?

I think we would all like to know this Very Happy
I'm pretty excited about this
Can't wait for this to come out. It would help me so much. Great work Kerm.
JWinslow23 wrote:
Although I'd love to have interoperability, at least for the first version I won't be focusing on it. I'd imagine that Cesium and Doors CE will duel over whose prgmA is available for now. Smile
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
One problem I have with all the Doors series, is that it takes forever to archive, lock, and hide programs. With Cesium, it gets into a routine, with you just repeatedly pressing alpha and 2nd. With Doors CE, this will be much harder. An option that would do it all at once would be a great solution to this problem. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement this though. Smile
Without the mouse, it's a lot easier: ALPHA, down (down, down), 2nd/ENTER, repeat. I do like the idea of being able to select a group of programs and then perform the same operation on all of them, but that's a future feature, if anything.

CHill wrote:
KKZiomek wrote:

There hasnt been a mouse in doors since DCS7, but it isn't really needed. Shortcut keys and arrow keys make a mouse slow and clumsy by comparison.
Although, I do miss my cute customized 'C' cursor 0x5
I miss the mouse too, but the lack of mouse ends up just being more practical on calculators. I wish it wasn't so.

calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
KKZiomek wrote:

I think we would all like to know this Very Happy
Something like 95%. A complete lack of free time on my part has kept the shell very close but not quite at the closed beta stage.

remi959 wrote:
I'm pretty excited about this
Thank you! Us too.

seanlego23 wrote:
Can't wait for this to come out. It would help me so much. Great work Kerm.
Don't forget tr1p1ea! Thank you. Smile
Hmm, given how much we can already do with Mateo's C libraries, imagine putting DoorsCS on top of that... The sky's the limit! The 68ks had C but were limited due to their small monochrome LCDs, the Nspires had color were limited due to Lua, and now we have the best of both worlds, color and C support.
Quote:
Quote:

Although I'd love to have interoperability, at least for the first version I won't be focusing on it.

Unless "the first version" means the first closed beta, and no public release version of DCE displays willingful (per your own words) lack of interoperability, not attempting to cooperate (enough) with the existing shells wouldn't be the best outcome for users IMO Smile
On the 84+CSE, DCSE was the only relevant shell, so it could impose its own way of doing things. However, on the TI-eZ80 series, DCE is a slow, late mover, over half a year after the others, who laid up good, open-source ground work.

I'm just trying to raise the point that prgmA wars on the monochrome TI-Z80 series weren't great from the POV of actual end user usage, for the short, mid and long term. Yes, I've used (or seen others use, at school) 83+-era monochrome TI-Z80 series calculators enough. So if authors of TI-eZ80 so-called "shells" can, they would probably best avoid them, for users' sake.

Quote:
imagine putting DoorsCS on top of that

If its components are suitably modular and interoperable, yeah. Otherwise, the promise couldn't be fulfilled as much.
Time for a mega bump Wink
How is this coming along?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 11 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours