About the conversion between MP OSes and 2.43, I was able to find the incompatible lines of code and patch them myself. I simply changed summation Sigma() to sum(seq()), and remainder(A,B) to round(BfPart(A/B),0).

Anyone who has OS 2.43 or under, if you want to enjoy this game on your calculators as well, modify the code in SourceCoder, TokenIDE, or through some other means, to change those commands to their pre-MP equivalent.

On another note, I'm having a lot of fun with this game! I'm already at level 53 in the 5x5 and 6x6 pack. Keep up the good work!
Over the past week, we have implemented several bug fixes, and have made significant optimizations. Because of these optimizations, we have been able to support TIOS 2.21-2.56MP while reducing the overall size by 352 bytes - eliminating the need for separate versions.
I'm glad that you decided not to have separate MP and pre-MP versions; I think that could have been quite awkward indeed. How do those size optimizations bode for the speed of the game?
KermMartian wrote:
I'm glad that you decided not to have separate MP and pre-MP versions; I think that could have been quite awkward indeed. How do those size optimizations bode for the speed of the game?

The overall speed is slightly improved, and dragging the pipe around is quite a bit faster. The improvements have been aimed at achieving a better speed:size ratio, and accounting for problems that could occur with certain MODE settings.

Sigma( was only used once, and remainder( was only used during the select screen draw and the level decode steps. Since these commands are not used repeatedly during game play, there is no performance impact from using the pre-MP equivalents.

EDIT: The new version has been uploaded to the archives.
I'm quite impressed how you managed to include 100 levels compressed into a reasonable size with the extreme memory limitations of the calculator. In addition, the graphics are good—most monochrome TI-BASIC games that display dense information look a little awkward, but here the 3px font is excellent and still readable.
lirtosiast wrote:
I'm quite impressed how you managed to include 100 levels compressed into a reasonable size with the extreme memory limitations of the calculator. In addition, the graphics are good—most monochrome TI-BASIC games that display dense information look a little awkward, but here the 3px font is excellent and still readable.

Thank you for your kind comments. If you have any questions, we would be more than happy to answer.
I ran into a bug, here are the details.
-TI-84+
-At least first two level packs (I couldn't solve any on the third or fourth, I am really bad at this game)
-When the level is completed, the menu pops up like it should
-Instead of the cursor appearing to let me select an option, it immediately moves to the next level.
-All of the other controls seem to be in order
-My other programs still work so I don't think it is my calc
Kydapoot wrote:
I ran into a bug, here are the details.
-TI-84+
-At least first two level packs (I couldn't solve any on the third or fourth, I am really bad at this game)
-When the level is completed, the menu pops up like it should
-Instead of the cursor appearing to let me select an option, it immediately moves to the next level.
-All of the other controls seem to be in order
-My other programs still work so I don't think it is my calc

I made a minor change to the menu section of the code that should solve this problem and another minor annoyance that I had with the menu. I'm not exactly sure why this bug is happening for you, because the menu only exits when [2ND] is pressed. I believe the problem was that the keypresses were not cleared before entering the menu, which caused the menu to register the last key that was pressed before starting the menu. It now clears the getKey buffer so that this should no longer be possible. There is one other minor aesthetic thing to be changed before we release another update.

UPDATE: All of the necessary changes have been implemented, and we will be releasing an update shortly. If anyone else has any suggestions or bugs to report, please do so now so that we can address them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours