Adriweb wrote:
There could always be the transparent blue one:

(source)

I really hope they add a translucent color, a la the TI-83+ SE
Ivoah: A translucent TI-84 Plus CE would look beautiful, although the keyboard side of the PCB would be pretty boring, since all the components are on the other side, covered by the foil shield. Adriweb's photo has the other side of the PCB shown (you can't easily remove the PCB to photograph the keyboard side because it's attached with melted plastic posts).

CVSoft: A TI-82 emulator could have a nice accurate bluescale screen on the TI-84 Plus CE! I'm surprised no one has attempted that.
I'd rather have a smaller 84+CE than one with pretty colors.
oldmud0 wrote:
Smaller? In which dimension? Something like a TI-84 Plus CE Pocket.fr, presumably (but maybe without the .fr)?
A non-radioactive, glow in the dark TI-84 Plus CE would be cool.
DJ_O wrote:

Or radioactive in a lead box with a robot operating it Razz But seriously if it's to program in the dark, they really need to make it happen, turning on the lights in the middle of the night is too much effort Razz we need at least glow in the dark buttons and backlit screens to use a calc in the dark. Now that I think of it, both of these things could be done by someone who is heavily inclined to do so...
mr womp womp wrote:
DJ_O wrote:

Or radioactive in a lead box with a robot operating it Razz But seriously if it's to program in the dark, they really need to make it happen, turning on the lights in the middle of the night is too much effort Razz we need at least glow in the dark buttons and backlit screens to use a calc in the dark. Now that I think of it, both of these things could be done by someone who is heavily inclined to do so...

if you have a color calc, you can already have a backlit screen.
But, As I have said before, It would be very hard to install a backlighting mechanism in the CE's because of its compactness. The CSE would probably be easier. Making new keys (and possible a whole new front to the calc to see the 2nd and alpha functions would be a challenge as well.
You could get a glow in the dark pen and write over the symbols...
TI probably could backlight the keyboard without too much effort, but significantly increased cost per device. Just add some clear rubber for the keymat, clear plastic for the keys, and white SMD LEDs between key contacts and the thing will light up like Christmas. For the sake of durability, something TI takes a bit seriously, double-shot injection molded keys would be a better option to make sure the keys stay readable under wear and tear.
KermMartian wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:
Smaller? In which dimension? Something like a TI-84 Plus CE Pocket.fr, presumably (but maybe without the .fr)?

Yeah, like that calculator, except not just for France Sad
jonbush wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
KingInfinity wrote:
Now nobody has to be jealous of the Gold 84+CE and the prize that "lucky" winner won is worthless Razz
She still had it an extra six months (and got it for free!), so I wouldn't quite call it worthless.

Regarding a green calculator, at T^3 2015 someone I spoke to mentioned that psychological research indicated green might be a controversial or otherwise bad color to offer, hence the lack of one. I would be very surprised if they offered a green TI-84 Plus CE in the near future.

I'm not exactly sure how green is "controversial or otherwise bad" despite what psychological research says. Personally, I would have purchased a green CE instead of a blue on if it were available. I think it would fit nicely with the other color options:

(Image credit: earthnite)

thanks.
Haha, we definitely need TI-82-style TI-84 Plus CEs in various colors; sounds like a job for 3D printing and clever reuse of keys.

In more serious news, white and gold were indeed the correct guesses! That topic has a photo and more links to information.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours