Hey guys! I'm working on an Endless RPG type game for the 83plus and I probably will need help along the way as I get further into it.
Some things to start:
-A cool intro. Any ideas?
-Some sort of 5x5 sprite for the character. (idk i thought you guys could find something fancier Smile
What language would this be in? I'm guessing hybrid BASIC?
How would you make it endless? Not criticizing, just curious.
fluzz wrote:
How would you make it endless? Not criticizing, just curious.

I don't know what he wants to do, but this could be done by having code that generates a game, rather than just code for the game, this would be harder to code in the first place, but it could work, kind of like how minecraft generates land, however given the very limited memory of most calcs, once a new piece of the game is generated (a tilemap for example), something would have to be deleted (probably the previous tilemap or whatever), to keep the program contained in a small amount of memory. From here on, there are two ways it could go, either he uses the random commands to generate tilemaps in which case, it will be different every time you open the game, or he uses a function, in which case it will always be the same and a save feature would be feasible at least until you run out of memory.
I'm doing this in basic (I don't know any other languages) I'll work on posting a small part of the map to give you guys an idea of what i'm working with. Also I'm still learning BASIC so I'm open to help and critiquing Very Happy
Hmmm... why 5x5 instead of the usual 8x8?
I'll explain the deets later i got to go to class (8th Grade Smile
PS I might be explaining things wrong so pls bear with me
Okay I see where you guys might have misunderstand me. Its an RPG-like game, not an actual never ending RPG
Sooo... is it called Endless?
Its endless but its more like an endless battle, rather than an endless adventure

Ok how do you post a file? Do i post it in the archives?
Halfway done!!! It should be finished in about 1-2 weeks
I think it's called Endless RPG because it'll actually take an endless amount of time to finish it... Progress?
Ok, here are the deets on progress

Complete
-Basic attack system and enemy/player classes
--Attack system consist of Attacking or Healing
-Shop to increase player strength,health, as well as a Skill Tree that gives you skills based on your XP/Level
-Statistics to keep track of gold, enemy helth, your health, level, and XP
To-Do
-Improve graphics
-MAYBE add a Teacher Mode
--Finish Shop
-Improve player/enemy attack
-More Stuff???

This will probably take me about 6-9 days providing everything goes well. I've also changed the name to Infinity Battle because it is not an actual RPG, it has the elements of an RPG. It does not take a long amount of time, it continues until the player dies. Screenshot coming soon!

Quote:
I think it's called Endless RPG because it'll actually take an endless amount of time to finish it... Progress?
Ok, its been a while since I've posted updates due to a lot of problems and 3 accidental RAM clears, so here they are.

--Finished Shop, corrected many errors
--Corrected attack system, defense only takes place when Enemy health is at a certain level
--Corrected saving
--Faster graphics
--No Skill tree, maybe I'll add it in an update or something
--Increase in difficulty for every enemy defeated
--MAYBE a class system for players

TO-DO:
--More stuff...
--Better Menus
--Optimization

Stay tuned! Very Happy
I'm definitively curious about how this looks like, since I like RPGs (especially JRPGs). You should post a screenshot.
DJ_O wrote:
I'm definitively curious about how this looks like, since I like RPGs (especially JRPGs). You should post a screenshot.

Its an RPG like game though, not purely RPG. I'll try to post a screenshot.
More stuff added, I might not finish this project though Sad Might release a version on TIBD. But...
-Added achievements! Very Happy
-Still no Skill tree
-Options Menu
-Highscores
If i can get to a computer (I cant use mine for the time being) I'll post the program
Stay tuned!
When and if you finish, will you also post the code so people could put it on different calculators other than the 83+, or could you do that yourself?
seanlego23 wrote:
When and if you finish, will you also post the code so people could put it on different calculators other than the 83+, or could you do that yourself?

I dunno... its pretty long (Total size is about 500 bytes)...I'll see if I can copy/paste it into a PDF or something.
You can get the source code using TI-Connect or SC3 or the like and then if you put it in a [code] bbcode tag and its too long it will make it scrollable.
By the way, 500 bytes for a project like this is amazing! Does that include data lists, pics, etc. or just the programs?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours