So I am totally new to this thing, and I'm just trying to upload a .8xp file to SourceCoder3 and an error comes up that says "Error: Unable to load _RADICAL2.8xP. Are you sure it's a valid file type?" How can I convert it to the correct file type? Any help would be much appreciated Very Happy
Random suggestion: Have you tried renaming "8xP" to "8xp." And "_RADICAL2" to "RADICAL2"? Calculator programs can only be 8 characters in length, the name provided is 9.

If that doesn't work, are you able to link us to the the file you are trying to upload?
Ok, so I tried renaming it to something shorter and It came up with the same error Sad How can I link the file to you?
Welcome to Cemetech! Did you write the program yourself, or download it from a site like ticalc.org? If the former, you can link us to the page from which you downloaded it.
Thanks, The program was written on a Ti-84+SE, not online.
812lucycharm wrote:
Thanks, The program was written on a Ti-84+SE, not online.

How did you get it off the calculator? Just using TI-Connect?
One of my friends took it off then emailed the file to me

Edit: Sorry, I'm probably not being very helpful :/
812lucycharm wrote:
One of my friends took it off then emailed the file to me

If you rename it to RADICAL.txt and open it in a text editor, does it look garbled?
And also whenever I try to right-click the file to send it to my TI-84 directly, it says "incompatible type"
Can you upload the file here for me, thanks.
http://comicidiot.com/user_upload/index.html
I gave you a different one, but all of the ones that I have came up with the same error
Nvm, I just got sent another version in a form that works, but thanks so much for the help! Very Happy
812lucycharm wrote:
Nvm, I just got sent another version in a form that works, but thanks so much for the help! Very Happy

I've taken the upload form offline then. Do you mind sharing how you got it to work in case someone else has a similar issue?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours