yarly. That's right. So hmm, what could it be?
KermMartian wrote:
yarly. That's right. So hmm, what could it be?

Ultamate Dev'r wrote:
That is a CNR slot; all of my mobo's have them (yes, my comps are very, very outdated...) it's no longer useful now though; back in the day it was used exclusively for various types of networking devices and sound cards

Rolling Eyes

(oh, and ult dev, i got a CNR on my nForce2 mobo - so don't feel too bad about having one Wink )
/em didn't read the topic thoroughly. Very Happy
Quote:
(oh, and ult dev, I got a CNR on my nForce2 mobo - so don't feel too bad about having one Wink )

Laughing My specs only go downhill from that. Which is why I applied to be a pc tech over at the computer repair shop near me, so I can get $$$ to upgrade (and so far I've impressed one of the salesmen with my superior knowledge, so hopefully the manager will be just as impressed Very Happy)
Laughing Sounds like my tablet is more powerful than your desktop. Very Happy
My PDA is more powerful than my desktop! Laughing Sad part is, that's not far from the truth...Neutral
My calculator is about 1/10 the power of my *current* desktop. Sad
My PDA has about 3x the specs of it Very Happy
Neutral What are you using?! A 486?!
Yup, you got it. Smile
wow, I used to use a 286 so don't feel bad (and only 3 years ago mind you). Now my desktop is pretty good. 1.4ghx, 768mbRan Geforce MX 4000, 300 gb Driver, Wifi, USB2.0, Firewire, Ethernet. I hope I can get a second Geforce soon so I can my second monitor up
wow...no offense, but it sounds like alot of you use s**ty computers....

hell, my mom's comp (cost $500) is an athlonXP 2200+ w/ 512mb RAM, and my dad's (the oldest in use) is a dell P3 900mhz w/ 768mb RAM....

Not to mention mine Wink (AthlonXP 2500+ OC'd to 3200+, 1gb RAM, Radeon 9700Pro) - and i'm starting to think this comp is getting old...(its like 3 years old or so) - gonna get a brand spanking new comp this summer (w00t!)
Kllrnohj wrote:
wow...no offense, but it sounds like alot of you use s**ty computers....[etc]

Not by choice. Crying
Yeah, same here...it's reason #1 as to why I applied for a job Laughing
But not anymore! Now I have a working Tablet PC. Smile
So it came in today Smile Have you tested it yet?
But of course! nVidia GEForce Go + 1400x1050 = incredible gaming. Plus, imagine this - tap on people to attack them in FPSes!
KermMartian wrote:
But of course! nVidia GEForce Go + 1400x1050 = incredible gaming. Plus, imagine this - tap on people to attack them in FPSes!

start a new thread all about your laptop with pics, specs, and such!

and i told you blockland wasn't graphically demanding Wink (otherwise theres no way a GeForce Go, except for the newer 6xxx/7xxx series ones, could power a newer FPS at 1400x1050)
I believe mine is in the 5xxx series. I could probably play at something like 1024x768 though...
KermMartian wrote:
I believe mine is in the 5xxx series. I could probably play at something like 1024x768 though...

you can play new games like Doom3 and F.E.A.R. at about 800x600 w/ everything at low to medium (assuming your CPU and RAM can keep up - both really need about 1gb of RAM, Battlefield 2 needs upwards of 2gb)

1024x768 is far out of the reach of that card for anything newish

AND, thats all assuming you have the highend of the 5xxx series (59xx i believe), if its a 56xx/57xx cut that in half, and if its a 52xx...well...you're looking at min specs there Wink (640x480 everything low/off, yay!)

To find out how it performs, download the F.E.A.R. Demo, which has a decent auto-settings chooser, so what it picks is going to be close to the max of what you can play at...(not to mention its a sweet game!) then you can see what a "real" game looks like Wink

http://files.filefront.com/FEAR+Singleplayer+Demo/;3992509;;/fileinfo.html
will do- i'll be interested to see what if comes up with.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours