For some reason, whenever I try to transfer a .8ck file to my ti 84 CSE, TI-Connect says that it is an invalid file type. Help would be greatly appreciated.
nv0103nv wrote:
For some reason, whenever I try to transfer a .8ck file to my ti 84 CSE, TI-Connect says that it is an invalid file type. Help would be greatly appreciated.

So I assume this is the scenario

Sending: Flash Application
To: TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
In: Archive
Via: USB Direct Connection
Using: TI-Connect (Not TI-Connect CE)

Here is a checklist
  • Make sure that if the file is in a .zip folder that it is extracted
  • Make sure that the filename and extension is correct (eg. "APP.8ck", not "APP.8ck.txt")
  • Be sure that it is being sent to Archive and not to RAM
  • Is there enough space?

It would help if you could provide these details:
  • OS version
  • Name of application being sent
Everything seems OK according to the checklist.
I am running Windows 10.
The application that I am sending is an application made using the TI-BOY emulator.
nv0103nv wrote:
Everything seems OK according to the checklist.
I am running Windows 10.
The application that I am sending is an application made using the TI-BOY emulator.
How large is the application, in KB? If you know how many pages it is, that would help even more.
If you are using TiLP, change the file extension from .8ck to .8xk.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours