c4ooo lost some important things to an OS install today; so I thought it might be useful to port Archive Undelete to the CE. For those who are unaware, this niffty little program can restore a program or appvar that was deleted on a RAM/ROM clear or accidentally, as long as it was archived at some point (sort of like a restore checkpoint). Looking at DrDnar's code gave me a bunch of headway; and it was a simple matter to redesign it to access the newly structured flash. I modified pretty much the whole execution and layout; but credit goes to DrDnar and BrandonW for documenting the archive memory in the first place.

Download: Archive Undelete CE

I have plans to add a scrollable interface so that way you can look at every deleted item, or just show the most recent checkpoints. I feel this would be a lot easier than having to keep track of what is what Razz

Enjoy everyone! Very Happy

Here's a screenshot:
Oh hey, I totally missed this yesterday. This is great work by both you and DrDnar; I know that the monochrome tool certainly came in handy for a lot of users who lost files. Thanks for porting and posting it.
Awesome! The CSE version has helped me before, this is a great addition!
Much approve, very like!
Nice! I always recommend people to backup often on multiple storage mediums to be safe, but those tools can be very handy too. I wish something like this existed back in 2002 when I lost Illusiat 2002.
um, this has never worked for me, and i really wish it would, because i accidentally just deleted something important...

The program runs fine, but it only shows three things, even though i know for a fact that i archived and unarchived many things since my last garbage collect

OS version 5.2.2.0043
(it didnt work with previous versions either though)
What if I accidentally lose Archive Undelete CE from a RAM clear? Can I use Archive Undelete CE to restore Archive Undelete CE if I have archived Archive Undelete CE in the past?
This is kinda annoying, because i am actually wondering why it isnt working right (and why no one else has said anything about this

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours