Okay, one of my friends was hitting me up for games today, so I took his calc (TI-83+, unsure of operating system version) and gave him ION and some games. For some reason when he plays a game, ION will take it out of archive for him but won't put it back in. It also has to garbage collect every game or two. Is this problem normal?
Garbage collect can be depending on how much ROM he has availible, as for the Archive, I don't know
That sort of thing doesn't surprise me with the 83+, even though I don't know exactly why that would happen. How many games does he have?
I gave him Mario 83 v1.2(11kb) and 4 level sets (around 4kb each). I also game him zDoom (15kb). That's all he has.
Hmmm. Very interesting. The GarbageCollect is normal for games of that size, but the not rearchiving thing is unusual.
foamy3 wrote:
I gave him Mario 83 v1.2(11kb) and 4 level sets (around 4kb each). I also game him zDoom (15kb). That's all he has.
That's a lot for the 83+. Can he even run zDoom?
Yeah, it works because Ion itself is <800bytes.
Yes, all of the games run.

But I don't understand the archiving... I sent him the ION group directly from my calc. It shouldn't be messsing up.

Also, in Doom, sometimes when he plays a new game all of the enemies are already dead. It never did that on my 84+SE...
Shock Weird! All I can think of is resetting his calc and then sending the games directly from the comp->his calc.
Only one problem. He doesn't have a comp -> calc cable. I have one for my 84, but it isn't the same size.
Ah, the directlink cable. That _is_ a problem, although it won't be when gCn is up and running.
orly? Doesn't gCn need the comp->calc cable?
tell him to switch to Mirage or Crunchy instead. You should too/
foamy3 wrote:
orly? Doesn't gCn need the comp->calc cable?

i think what Kerm was thinking was this:

calc->direct link->Your 84+->link cable->friends 83+

which would be possible with gCn + CalcNet i think....
That, or actually his calc-->antenna-->internet. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
tell him to switch to Mirage or Crunchy instead. You should too/

I might, but he needs all the archive room he can get. Are there any other good RAM shells that run ION programs?
I think Venus does that. And of course DCS. Smile
Yeah, I would give him DCS but it wouldn't fit very well with zDoom. ...and I've never heard of Venus...
It's pretty good. But foamy - didn't you see about DCS becoming an App?
Yeah, I plan to get it for myself as an app, but I won't give it to him for the same reason I won't give him MOS or Crunchy. Not much flash rom.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours