Code:
PROGRAM:A
::DCS
::"A

Edit inside of doors

Code:
:":"A

Doors will add a quotation mark before the colon on line 2. This also results in ERR:DATA TYPE.
Comments2010 wrote:
So I encountered this gem

Make a program using the OS

Code:
PROGRAM:A
::"A

Edit inside of doors

Code:
:":"A

Doors will add a quotation mark before the colon on line 2. This also results in ERR:DATA TYPE.

It seems as though I can't replicate this, would you mind adding more info, such as which version of doors you are using and on which calculator? Also, there is a bug report thread for Doors which can be found either here for doors CS or here for doors CSE which might be a better place to post this Wink
Virus probably or corrupt OS. Trust me.
CalcMax wrote:

No.
CalcMax wrote:
this is the second time you've suggested a virus as the culprit in one of my posts about bugs in Doors CS 7. I'm kindly asking you to refrain from making posts about corruption or viruses as it is unhelpful in the context of Doors CS bugs. Thank you.
Ok. So, tell me what exactly is happening here? I suggested the virus/corruption stuff because I was losing at one point the ClrHome command from some programs. Some programs in whole were dissappearing. If you want me to try and help you better, then i need to know the calc model, serial and id numbers, DCS version etc...
A few questions that may help me help if you answer them:
1. Have you ever used zstart on your calc?
2. When you run the self diagnostic test, does it give rom fail?
3. Did you ever use TI-BOY SE on your calc?
4. Do you have any pre-programmed sound apps?If you do have any of them, tell me which ones.
5. Did you ever run arbitrary asm on your calc or any potentially buggy or harmful asm program.

I personally think that you are probably right about the bug theory because I have foud a number of bugs in DCS. I just want to rule out any possible problems or causes and get some more details about your problem.

Heeeeeee! DCS is good but buggy, so watch your step... (Just joking).
CalcMax wrote:
serial and id numbers

Why would you need to know those?
This is not a fail of the calculator itself, or the OS. It's definitely not a virus. It's just a bug in DoorsCS, and not by the OS, because otherwise there should be much earlier an update to fix this. I know that at least DoorsCSE has a bug with det(5, and it's very likely that DoorsCS has bugs too. You're only waiting for the moment someone is looking at the source (@Kerm) and trying to replicate the bugs. What Doors commands were in your program?
PT_ wrote:
This is not a fail of the calculator itself, or the OS. It's definitely not a virus. It's just a bug in DoorsCS, and not by the OS, because otherwise there should be much earlier an update to fix this. I know that at least DoorsCSE has a bug with det(5, and it's very likely that DoorsCS has bugs too. You're only waiting for the moment someone is looking at the source (@Kerm) and trying to replicate the bugs. What Doors commands were in your program?

Name: prgmA
Lock state: Unlocked
Full program code:

Code:
:DCS
:"A

This bug happens only when there isn't a quotation mark before "DCS"
EDIT: I can indeed replicate it. First reset your calc. Then create a new program, and type what Comments said above. Now open Doors - the program will be affected somehow
PT_ wrote:
EDIT: I can indeed replicate it. First reset your calc. Then create a new program, and type what Comments said above. Now open Doors - the program will be affected somehow
Did you, like Comments, create it as a blank program from the OS, then edit the contents in using Doors CS? Or did you create it including with those contents from the OS, then edit it from Doors CS, and it was already corrupted like that?

Edit: :DCS needs to be followed by an icon. It's trying to auto-upgrade the program, that is, add a quotation mark (") before the icon hex for older TI-BASIC programs that omitted the quote (which could cause the OS to get upset about the line of numbers and letters). #NotABug
KermMartian wrote:
PT_ wrote:
Did you, like Comments, create it as a blank program from the OS, then edit the contents in using Doors CS? Or did you create it including with those contents from the OS, then edit it from Doors CS, and it was already corrupted like that?

Edit: :DCS needs to be followed by an icon. It's trying to auto-upgrade the program, that is, add a quotation mark (") before the icon hex for older TI-BASIC programs that omitted the quote (which could cause the OS to get upset about the line of numbers and letters). #NotABug

Ah. I was thinking about that but it looked odd with what was added to the program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours