On the TI-84 Plus, getting the calculator ID using Doors CS libraries will return 0434000000 in jsTIfied. I was wondering if 0434000000 is used for invalid ids and if the ID is invalid, that
Code:
det(3,4
will always return 0434000000, or if this is just in jsTIfied.
I think, if you obtained the ROM legally from your calculator, the ID should be the same as that of the calculator you took the ROM from.
lirtosiast wrote:
I think, if you obtained the ROM legally from your calculator, the ID should be the same as that of the calculator you took the ROM from.

Every emulator I use will have invalid IDs, so I don't believe that it works that way. I think it is pulled from the hardware.
Calculator ID is stored in the certificate, which no ROM dumper (to my knowledge) dumps. I believe emulators typically pretend it doesn't exist (blank sectors), which affects how apps must be loaded since without a certificate signature verification will not succeed either.
I know that 04XXXXXXXX means it is a TI-83 Plus (which is weird because it should be 0A, not 04, because I was emulating a TI-84 Plus) and that XX3XXXXXXX means version 3, and that XXX4000000 is the serial number. But the question is: will it always be XXX4000000 if it's invalid?
Define "invalid"; all-zero may indeed be a valid serial number. I'd guess that what happens internally is there's a call into an OS routine that would fill a previously-zeroed buffer with a serial number from the certificate which fails and leaves everything zeroed. It's probably stable enough to depend on.
Tari wrote:
Define "invalid"; all-zero may indeed be a valid serial number. I'd guess that what happens internally is there's a call into an OS routine that would fill a previously-zeroed buffer with a serial number from the certificate which fails and leaves everything zeroed. It's probably stable enough to depend on.

But what about the 4 in front of those six 0s?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours