Hai there people..

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section.. (this seemed like the most appropriate one)

I'll make it quick:

Is it possible to hide the the top and bottom bars on the TI 89? Like a clear screen? I saw this program called eclipse but it only hides them as long as I don't press anything. (which is kind of pointless)

the other one, is it possible to be able to type and read non latin characters? (arabic to be specific)

I hope I was clear enough ^^

thank you!!!
It's not possible to remove the toolbars without some sort of ASM/C program or library, assuming you want to do this from within a program. I don't think the AMS system supports hiding them outside a program.

Same for non-Latin; there's no built-in support for that. The only choice would be to write support from scratch (unless someone has already written something), I'm afraid.
Travis wrote:
It's not possible to remove the toolbars without some sort of ASM/C program or library, assuming you want to do this from within a program. I don't think the AMS system supports hiding them outside a program.

Same for non-Latin; there's no built-in support for that. The only choice would be to write support from scratch (unless someone has already written something), I'm afraid.

Um, I don't mind using whatever to (I'm very new to the calc) get the toolbars to go away, if there's a way to do it, I would be glad Smile

As for the non latin, I assume this requires a bit of experience with programming, if I were to build from scratch, yes?

Seems like it's very hard for someone like me to accomplish Neutral
I believe Flib is one example of a program that can do the job, if I'm not remembering wrong. It has its own functions for clearing the screen and text (or graphics) display, and can do a number of things not available from TI-BASIC.

There's also NewProg, but it's more of a completely different programming language (but which can still be programmed on the calculator itself), whereas Flib is more of a function that can be called from "regular" (BASIC) programs. The latter is probably more convenient if you already know BASIC programming.

Yes, writing text entry and display routines can be a bit involved, unfortunately, depending on how intricate you want the system to be. I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge with implementing such systems, especially non-Latin ones; maybe someone else here might be?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours