On behalf of MateoConLechuga, who asked me to post this, I'd like to say that he's taking a break from the community for an unspecified amount of time. It's nothing bad, just life stuff that needs to be taken care of, and the calculator community is too much of a distraction at this point. He's sad that he'll have to drop his current projects, and he hopes the documentation will help you with your projects. Please note that these are NOT under a WTFPL license: Cesium is under BSD 3-Clause, and the other projects are all rights reserved unless otherwise specified. We will very much miss Mateo, and hope he'll be back soon. --Kerm Martian
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8e1YEYfHuo7OGtJcThjQ1hKX00/view?usp=sharing

Mateo's original message:
Hey guys. I won't be around anymore for an undefined amount of time. Good luck and have a nice day.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you have to go now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Hey guys. I won't be around anymore for an undefined amount of time. Good luck and have a nice day.

This is very unfortunate to hear. I hope that you do eventually return. If not, your contributions will live on.
I hope nothing bad happened to you. Take care
Ladies and gents, I have edited the first post with a more complete message from Mateo, as well as a link to a zip file containing various projects Mateo has been working on, plus documentation. I've taken the liberty of removing one project that contained my own all-rights-reserved source, as well as some reverse-engineered code (but not the associated tools).
Mateo posted the link to a larger ZIP file earlier.
Lionel Debroux wrote:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxO3vizXqSPPaUhVZUIyQmdYaXc/view
Lionel Debroux wrote:

Which would be the part where Kerm removed something that was his from the zip?

KermMartian wrote:
I've taken the liberty of removing one project that contained my own all-rights-reserved source
tifreak8x wrote:
Lionel Debroux wrote:

KermMartian wrote:
I've taken the liberty of removing one project that contained my own all-rights-reserved source

This bit of IRC log may be applicable:
IRC wrote:
23:57 Unicorn|: does KermPhD object to mobiletunes in there?
23:57 Mateo_: I wrote it.
23:57 Mateo_: So probably not.
23:57 Unicorn|: Ok, I though you guys wrote it together.
23:57 Unicorn|: *thought
23:57 Iambian has left IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
23:57 Mateo_: He never sent it back to me.
Sorry to hear you're on hiatus Mateo, but I know what that can be like, and hope you find time to come back sooner rather than later.
That's sad to hear, Mateo! You've very quickly become a prominent figure in the community! But of course there is more to life than calculator programming!

Good luck with whatever you're up to, and we all look forward to your return! Smile
I'm leaving for a bit again; don't know how long. Have a nice time! Smile This also applies to IRC and other things. See you later!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I'm leaving for a bit again; don't know how long. Have a nice time! Smile This also applies to IRC and other things. See you later!
Sorry to hear it, Mateo! I hope your absence is not a response to anything in the community that frustrated you, just the pressures of college and final exams. Good luck with everything.
Good luck, Mateo! I hope to see you back soon Smile
Ivoah wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Lionel Debroux wrote:

KermMartian wrote:

This bit of IRC log may be applicable:
IRC wrote:
23:57 Unicorn|: does KermPhD object to mobiletunes in there?
23:57 Mateo_: I wrote it.
23:57 Mateo_: So probably not.
23:57 Unicorn|: Ok, I though you guys wrote it together.
23:57 Unicorn|: *thought
23:57 Iambian has left IRC (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
23:57 Mateo_: He never sent it back to me.
Apparently I never saw this. I believe Mateo's changes were built on the original mobileTunes source, which I got very distracted from working on. Recently I actually did make changes, but shuffling is still missing. I had thought Mateo and I had had an understanding that mobileTunes would remain closed-source when I sent the original source to him, but this is presumably all bygones by now.
Mateo's changes were based off of Ben's Quad Player, which was an open source project. Mateo never received any form of source of mobiletunes at any time. Thanks Smile

(Also note that Mateo *had* received the source even after multiple requests, it would have probably been finished months ago Wink )
Ah, then I misremembered. I see from looking back at the topic that that's the case.

Now that I have merged the mobileTunes core into the local copy you sent me and made plenty of changes to the interface, functionality, and theming, would you prefer I sent it back to you to finish, finished and published it with both of our names on it, or just deleted it, since it contains your work too?
What? No, you put a ton of time and effort into it. Release it yourself if you so desire; isn't that the whole point of writing programs? I'd rather like to avoid even looking at it, with closed sauciness and all, so it's fine if you do what you like with it. I have no interest in getting involved with who did what, because let's be honest, no one did more work then Ben Ryves. Just have fun with it; it's a music player. Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
What? No, you put a ton of time and effort into it. Release it yourself if you so desire; isn't that the whole point of writing programs? I'd rather like to avoid even looking at it, with closed sauciness and all, so it's fine if you do what you like with it. I have no interest in getting involved with who did what, because let's be honest, no one did more work then Ben Ryves. Just have fun with it; it's a music player. Smile
Since you put so much into it, and you feel so strongly about open source, I don't feel comfortable keeping it closed source. Repo here; I'll update the mobileTunes 3 CSE topic accordingly:

https://github.com/KermMartian/mobileTunes3CSE
See you all in 3 months. Hopefully the community will have improved by then.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours