I have already helped way too much. It is now your turn to do some investigating.
Ok, I will try once i gather more strength and hopefully more knowledge for this and report back. By the way the script generating code you shared was impressive. Thanks again

If anyone else can see what was going wrong please leave your tips. Thank you all

Dear Kerm, I understood you did your prizm developments on Windows - could you please share your libraries with me so that I test my idea with setjmp/long jump to be sure if the results are what I want please.

Hope to hear from you back
So far I did
Code:
$ pacman -S texinfo
$ pacman -S diffutils

and putting it here before re-running the script in order not to forget later and for future reference in case it helps anyone else Wink

Script is still running but I already had a warning

Code:
configure: WARNING:
*** Makeinfo is missing. Info documentation will not be built.
not sure yet if it is a problem and have not found any other solutions besides installing texinfo which I did with pacman -S Sad
You do not need that documentation. Just let it finish and use the online HTML documentation. Also to make it go faster you can add -jN after the make command (add a space before the hyphen). You need to replace N with a number. N is the number of cores you have. For example if you you have a quad core CPU use -j4. Some people use a value larger than the number of cores if they are not getting 100% CPU usage due to the compiler waiting for IO.
Thank you so much for your explanations and help again.
Much longer log was created this time ending with the following

Code:
checking sys/sdt.h in the target C library... no
checking dl_iterate_phdr in target C library... unknown
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking whether to avoid linking multiple front-ends at once... no
Links are now set up to build a cross-compiler
 from x86_64-pc-mingw64 to sh3eb-unknown-elf.
checking Checking for isl_schedule_constraints_compute_schedule... yes
checking Checking for isl_options_set_schedule_serialize_sccs... no
checking for exported symbols... C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\objdump.exe: conftest.exe                                                                                                    : not a dynamic object
yes
checking for -rdynamic... C:\msys64\mingw64\bin\objdump.exe: conftest.exe: not a                                                                                                     dynamic object
no
checking for library containing dlopen... no
checking for -fPIC -shared... no
configure: error:
   Building GCC with plugin support requires a host that supports
   -fPIC, -shared, -ldl and -rdynamic.
Makefile:4071: recipe for target 'configure-gcc' failed
make: *** [configure-gcc] Error 1
I cannot find any other errors but making libfxcg fails as before Sad
I searched for "Building GCC with plugin support requires a host that supports -fPIC, -shared, -ldl and -rdynamic" but am still lost how to fix this on my windows Confused - so sorry for asking for help again. Many thanks in advance
Thank you, all, Kerm, Mateo, ProgrammerNerd, Tari, Gbl08ma and Spenceboy98 for your kind help with this here and via PMs.

I did not manage to compile my own libraries but Kerm shared the following line from his makefile
Code:
LDFLAGS=-Os -I$(PREFIX)/include -L$(PREFIX)/lib -T../common/prizm.ld -Wl,-static -Wl,-gc-sections -nostartfiles -lfxcg -lc -lgcc -lm -Wl,-v
which appears to fix my compiler for the latest builds from Tari. As previously pointed out by Programmer Nerd I should learn more about makefile etc but it all appears trial and error to me still so I hope the above helps other people too - I have not experimented too much since fixing this but it appears important to have -lfxcg first among the libraries, also I have never used -nostartfiles, nor -v etc so perhaps they are important too.

Thanks again, everybody.
My experiments seem to conclude that having -lfxcg -lc and in that precise order and without other things between them was all i needed to make the problem go away with my existing makefiles- just in case it helps someone else. Thank you all again

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours