Hey guys, for a school project, I need to read a .8xp file with PHP. Of course, I can use file_get_contents( but that gives me strings, and I want the hex/decimals into an array. Now the token "Disp " becomes Þ instead of $DE (or 222). Any idea how to do that? Thanks in advance! Smile
PT_ wrote:
Hey guys, for a school project, I need to read a .8xp file with PHP. Of course, I can use file_get_contents( but that gives me strings, and I want the hex/decimals into an array. Now the token "Disp " becomes Þ instead of $DE (or 222). Any idea how to do that? Thanks in advance! Smile

I don't entirely understand your question. Do you want to be able to read tokenized data out of a program file, like being able to get "Disp", or do just want to open it like any other binary file? For the first, this might prove useful: https://github.com/adriweb/tivars_lib
Indeed my tivars_lib code should help you do that in PHP.

The tests.php file is full of example, but basically, you'd need to do:

Code:
<?php

include_once "src/autoloader.php";
use tivars\TIVarFile;

$testPrgm = TIVarFile::loadFromFile('the/path/to/your/program.8xp');
$testPrgmContent = $testPrgm->getReadableContent();

Then the program, as a human-readable string, is in $testPrgmContent.
Unfortunately, this is not exactly what I want Sad
Your library converts the input to readable string, which is nice, but when I display $testPrgmContent[0], it displays "F" and I need the first token, which is For(. Still a good library though! Good Idea

Any other ideas about how to convert the input to tokens (or corresponding hex)? Thanks in advance! Smile
UPDATE: I found a way to read it, better said, the hex. I got it from this. This is my code:

Code:
<?php
   $handle = @fopen("TEST.8xp", "r");
   if ($handle) {
      while (!feof($handle)) {
         $buffer[] = fgets($handle, 400);
      }
      fclose($handle);
      // $buffer[0][0] = chr(hexdec("FF")); // set the first byte to 0xFF
      echo bin2hex($buffer[2][7]);
   }
Another option for an open-source TI token manipulation library would be elfprince13's excellent TITokens, which works with many different languages (and can be used for many different purposes, including syntax highlighting, tokenization, etc). Pro-tip from SAX: to get started, execute https://github.com/elfprince13/TITokens/blob/master/build.sh .

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours