Look at the size of that modem. lol This was shared by Science Alert, thought you all might enjoy seeing some of the first steps of technology that we have in use today. Smile
Woah, yeah it's funny looking back at this stuff. I was just talking the other day about the early 90's "internet" and bulletin boards, etc. Things have definitely come a long way!
I grew up with XP laptops. To you, that makes me look young, but it makes me feel old.
I used to be amazed when I walked into a classroom that still had those chunky beige monitors.
Dudeman313 wrote:
I grew up with XP laptops. To you, that makes me look young, but it makes me feel old.
I used to be amazed when I walked into a classroom that still had those chunky beige monitors.
Heh yeah even XP seems like ancient history now. We still have 1 or 2 computers at work running XP, and they feel like dinosaurs.

Have you ever had the chance to use a really old computer running Windows 3.1? I remember when our school computers first started getting upgraded to Windows 95 - it felt incredible at the time. And then I was a Windows 98 kid for quite sometime before I gave in and upgraded to XP.
There was a Windows 3.1 and a Windows 98 and even a Windows 95? Shock
I'm sorry, I did not know that. I was born 3 years into the current century...
Dudeman313 wrote:
There was a Windows 3.1 and a Windows 98 and even a Windows 95? Shock
I'm sorry, I did not know that. I was born 3 years into the current century...
Yessum, there were many versions of Windows prior to XP. If you're interested, you can read about them here on Wikipedia to see how they evolved over the years Smile
No thank you. It might horrify me to see Windows before the intolerable XP theme, Vista theme, and the somewhat tolerable Aero theme. It's amazing how the better Windows gets, the more people prefer their new looks, except when it comes to W7.

Also:
Did you just say"Yessum???"
I think I may be too young to understand. Razz
JamesV wrote:

Have you ever had the chance to use a really old computer running Windows 3.1? I remember when our school computers first started getting upgraded to Windows 95 - it felt incredible at the time. And then I was a Windows 98 kid for quite sometime before I gave in and upgraded to XP.

I've gone through similar experiences, though every computer I had Windows Pre-Vista installed on either died or was killed by my poor tinkering skills Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours