@Botboy3000 Whoops, that sounds like a bug to me. I assume you're using the beta from github and not 2.00 stable? I'll look into it asap.

@elfprince13: You're right, I should clean up the repo. But I'm such a n00b when it comes to github... also, regarding the binary builds, I do need a way for providing my beta testers with the latest updates, and considering the updates are rather frequent, I don't want to create a release for them every time. Any ideas how I could manage that along with my (automated) pushing of source updates to the repo?
I typically assume beta testers will be tech-savvy enough to run the build scripts, but you could also use something like a commit hook to build and update the latest betas to a directory on your personal page, or write a small wrapper script that you use when pushing to Github that does something similar.

The big thing is that binary blobs don't particularly need to be versioned, since they can be recreated with whatever information is present in the source at the same version, and moreover they do bad things to the size of a repository, as they are not easily diffed, and so you can't really keep incremental updates.
so, this program is taking up 23419 bytes on my calculator. For some reason, my calculator has only 22699 bytes of available RAM, so I cant run the program. Even after clearing my RAM (after a backup, of course), I still cant squeeze out enough RAM to run this program. Does anyone have any solutions?
It's because you have a lot of stuff in Flash.
If you want, you can try the "small" version from github, it only needs ~21K.
It's the file "ht2s.8xp", included in https://github.com/utz82/HoustonTracker2/archive/master.zip

Note that this is a -probably quite buggy- beta version though. Also, several fx commands have changed, so check the manual that comes with the zip file.

@elfprince13: Yeah, I definately need to figure out something along these lines, not happy with the current situation myself either.
If I take stuff out of flash, will it run (as an alternative to using the beta version)?
Umm, yes. Btw it's the amount of entries in Flash that matters, not the size of the stuff you've stored there. So if you have some game in there which has a lot of levels in seperate vars, you might want to try and delete that first.
utz wrote:
It's because you have a lot of stuff in Flash.
If you want, you can try the "small" version from github, it only needs ~21K.
It's the file "ht2s.8xp", included in https://github.com/utz82/HoustonTracker2/archive/master.zip

Note that this is a -probably quite buggy- beta version though. Also, several fx commands have changed, so check the manual that comes with the zip file.

@elfprince13: Yeah, I definately need to figure out something along these lines, not happy with the current situation myself either.

trying to run the beta version, I get this from TI-Connect:

and I still cant free up any more RAM. the only Apps I have left are zStart and Doors, and I have deleted all AppVars, and Archived all of my programs. nothin else remains to be kicked except Doors and zStart, and I still only have 22665 RAM available. the struggle!!!! please help
Hmmm, interesting. I can send the file just fine with TiLP. I'll look into it, I suspect this new self-made packer I'm using is to blame.

Caleb_Hill wrote:
[...] and Archived all of my programs.

Well, that's the problem - archived programs reside in Flash Wink Anyway, ht2s.8xp needs to work, so I'll look into what's causing the trouble asap.
Btw, Flash apps don't take up space in the VAT (the VAT data is built into the app header). Deleting all your flash apps won't clear up any RAM, you've gotta delete AppVars, programs, lists, things with VAT entries.
oh. So programs in archive take up RAM as well? confusing...
Time to find useless programs and delete them!!!
Thank you for the help
Their names and locations of programs in Flash are stored in RAM, so that the calculator doesn't have to read from the sluggish Flash every time it wants to find the start of a program, it can just look at it't VAT (a reference table) that it has stored in the faster RAM. The more programs you have, the more VAT space is used, and the less free RAM you have.
Do you think you will allow forks to the project? Smile

I dont plan to fork the entire project, but i think i may want to make a very basic level editor sometime, and your work will be bery helpfull to me Very Happy
Almost there!

utz: thanks for the ht2s program fix, but I found that it has too many bugs for my liking. Just going to go with the full version (eventully) Shock
Good news everyone, version 2.10 is here! Features a more powerful sound routine, several new effects, better keyhandling, and of course various bugfixes. For full details, check the original post in this thread.

download HT v2.10
new demo tune

@c4ooo My apologies, totally didn't see your post. Yes of course, you're welcome to fork the project.

@elfprince13 Sorry man, still didn't clean out those binaries from the repo. I'm working on it though. Just spend a few hours today fiddeling with the github API, because the "create release" web interface isn't working for me.
It's a rocking month for music tools in the community. Did you see the MIDI drumpad-calculator demo?
Wow, that's cool. I didn't know that was even possible!
elfprince13 wrote:
It's a rocking month for music tools in the community. Did you see the MIDI drumpad-calculator demo?

Ah no, hadn't seen that! Thanks for pointing it out Wink
I tried downloading ht2 Version2.1 but both ti-connect and ti-connect ce said the program was invalid or incompatible and couldn't be sent, but ht2 Version2.0 sent just fine. Tilp also doesn't work on my computer btw. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
You're probably using a member of the 84+ family and a direct USB cable, given that you can use TI-Connect CE to communicate with the calculator. But:
* which computer OS type (presumably Windows, but you didn't tell),
* which computer OS version (it's important for Windows),
* and for good measure, which calculator OS version
are you using ?

For TILP, assuming you're using Windows:
* are you using the latest beta, which you can download from https://tiplanet.org/beta/setup.exe as indicated in the beta-testing topics on Cemetech, CodeWalrus and TI-Planet ?
* given that you use TI-Connect (CE), have you followed the filter driver procedure described in the README packaged with the installer and available from https://github.com/debrouxl/tilp_and_gfm/blob/experimental/tilp/trunk/README.win32 ?
* if your Windows version is 8 or later, you additionally need to reinstall the driver using Zadig, as described in the same README as well as a Cemetech topic ?
Lionel Debroux wrote:
You're probably using a member of the 84+ family and a direct USB cable, given that you can use TI-Connect CE to communicate with the calculator. But:
* which computer OS type (presumably Windows, but you didn't tell),
* which computer OS version (it's important for Windows),
* and for good measure, which calculator OS version
are you using ?

For TILP, assuming you're using Windows:
* are you using the latest beta, which you can download from https://tiplanet.org/beta/setup.exe as indicated in the beta-testing topics on Cemetech, CodeWalrus and TI-Planet ?
* given that you use TI-Connect (CE), have you followed the filter driver procedure described in the README packaged with the installer and available from https://github.com/debrouxl/tilp_and_gfm/blob/experimental/tilp/trunk/README.win32 ?
* if your Windows version is 8 or later, you additionally need to reinstall the driver using Zadig, as described in the same README as well as a Cemetech topic ?

I'm using Windows 7 Professional and my calculator is a TI-84 SE and it uses OS 2.55(btw I installed OS 2.55 AFTER the transfer failed).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours