I have ported my Prizm game Zombie Chase to the CE! It has the same gameplay, but with a new feature! Now as you pick up health packs, you also get points! See how many points you can get before you die!

In this game you are a white square attempting to survive the zombie apocalypse. You must collect red health packs and avoid green zombies, or you will die. Good luck!

Here's a screenshot:

I will upload it to the archives shortly! Smile

Edit:
Here's a link to the file in the archives: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1436
Hehehe looks cool Smile.

How long did it take you to port it over?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Hehehe looks cool Smile.

How long did it take you to port it over?

Thanks. Smile It took me a couple days, mostly cause I was waiting for the updated C libraries and toolchain. It's more based off of the Nspire port due to the same screen resolutions, so that made it quicker to port as well.

Btw, I'll put a link to the file in the archives when it gets accepted.
That is an interesting game concept. I need to think of other things to port as well...
Simple but fun looking game! Great work Smile
Nice! I'm getting this now! Very Happy
Unicorn wrote:
That is an interesting game concept. I need to think of other things to port as well...

JamesV wrote:
Simple but fun looking game! Great work Smile

Dudeman313 wrote:
Nice! I'm getting this now! Very Happy

Thanks guys. Razz I also plan on updating the Prizm and Nspire versions to add the score keeping as well.
I found a bug. At least I think so.
I was playing this on my CE, OS 5.1.5, archived from Celsium.
My score was exactly 55, and I gave up and ran into the horde. Razz
The screen turned green, then slowly whitened, and when I pressed
buttons, it began to flash. I had to hit the reset button...
Dudeman313 wrote:
I found a bug. At least I think so.
I was playing this on my CE, OS 5.1.5, archived from Celsium.
My score was exactly 55, and I gave up and ran into the horde. Razz
The screen turned green, then slowly whitened, and when I pressed
buttons, it began to flash. I had to hit the reset button...

I don't know what the issue could be. Question
I did update it in the archives, so it resets the score when you restart from the game over screen.
Whenever I try to run this program (both from Cesium and Homescreen) I get this error:

Does this have to do with the C Libraries?
Caleb_Hill wrote:
Whenever I try to run this program (both from Cesium and Homescreen) I get this error:

Does this have to do with the C Libraries?

Yep.
Send all the files in the zip to your calc: https://github.com/CE-Programming/libraries/releases
It just means you have an outdated version of the library it says on your calculator. Just update and it will work fine, as andressevilla says Smile
I did a bit more testing and determined that the bug is caused only
by the fact that I archived the everything in that zip. When they're in RAM
and I lose, the game works like normal.

I've been able to replicate the issue,
so it's not my system or a one-time thing.
Dudeman313 wrote:
I did a bit more testing and determined that the bug is caused only
by the fact that I archived the everything in that zip. When they're in RAM
and I lose, the game works like normal.

You need to supply a bit more information please Smile What steps do you do to replicate the issue, are you running from Cesium, what libraries are you using, etc. Thanks!

Spenceboy: Gosh, looking through your code I see numerous things that are highly questionable. I may submit a pull request at some point. Smile
I'm not sure exactly which one is the problem, but when I send everything [url=https://github.com/CE-Programming/
libraries/releases]here[/url] to my archive, I get the bug, no matter what I run the program from.
It has nothing to do with shells or the program itself(meaning that where ever I run it, this is the same). The issue shows only if the contents of that zip file linked are archived. If they are in RAM, then the program works fine.
Dudeman313 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly which one is the problem, but when I send everything [url=https://github.com/CE-Programming/
libraries/releases]here[/url] to my archive, I get the bug, no matter what I run the program from.
It has nothing to do with shells or the program itself(meaning that where ever I run it, this is the same). The issue shows only if the contents of that zip file linked are archived. If they are in RAM, then the program works fine.

The libraries have no effect on the program itself, it's what the program was doing. The libraries are automatically archived anyway by LibLoad for safety, so this makes no difference.

Spenceboy: I created a pull request on Github here: Pull Request. This should fix the issue, and includes a few small optimizations from what I could see right off the bat. Hope this works Very Happy

EDIT: I noticed that I left out one small detail, so now I made another pull request to actually fix the issue. Apparently the width of rectangles must be 2 or greater; this is very silly and I will be sure to properly fix it in the next graphics library release. Sorry about all that; blame the countless Mateo bugs Razz
I've submitted an updated version in the archives, and hopefully soon it'll be accepted. This new version has a new FAIL screen and a bunch of bug fixes. Here are some screenies:

Also, because I'm using a scaled image for the FAIL, the size of the program is dramatically smaller. Wink
Nice work! That's a huge reduction in size Very Happy
This made my whole calculator shut down and I had to reinstall EVERYTHING!
Please ensure that it's really this program that caused your OS to be corrupted. Adriweb mentioned on SAX that it's difficult, though quite possible, for a C program to corrupt an OS.

If you post steps to replicate the bug, and it's really this program, we can find out whether it's a bug in this program or the C libraries themselves.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours