Errr, I'm new to make, and I was wondering how do I force all the files "make" makes into a directory I made in root. I have tried looking this up but everything I found was beyond me. Hopefully someone will be able to put an explanation into layman terms. Smile

What I want to do: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4102469/makefile-to-put-object-files-from-source-files-different-directories-into-a-sing
bump
Can you link to the clergy explanation? Very Happy
You have two options: use the same Makefile on different directories by running `make` in the directory where your source files are, and specifying a Makefile in another directory to `make`, or give a specifiable prefix to all of the source and object files in your Makefile. What are you looking to do, exactly?
LiquidMetal wrote:
Can you link to the clergy explanation? Very Happy

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4102469/makefile-to-put-object-files-from-source-files-different-directories-into-a-sing I'm pretty sure this is what I am looking to do.
What operating system is this on? Can't you just run make, then move all the files in the folder?
KingInfinity wrote:
What operating system is this on? Can't you just run make, then move all the files in the folder?

I am on windows, and yes I very much could, but I want the makefile to do this for me because I am making my own template for the c sdk that I am going to use with Atom. Atom calls a batch file called "build.bat" and that batch file makes a build folder. Then it calls make. I want make to put it's output in that build folder.
slick1015 wrote:
KingInfinity wrote:

I am on windows, and yes I very much could, but I want the makefile to do this for me because I am making my own template for the c sdk that I am going to use with Atom. Atom calls a batch file called "build.bat" and that batch file makes a build folder. Then it calls make. I want make to put it's output in that build folder.

Put this in your build.bat

Code:
@echo off
color 0F
:A
make clean
make
copy template.8xp build
make clean
pause
goto A
KingInfinity wrote:
slick1015 wrote:
KingInfinity wrote:

Put this in your build.bat

Code:
@echo off
color 0F
:A
make clean
make
copy template.8xp build
make clean
pause
goto A

That's great! Althought it is not in the makefile, I think it will do. I'll just spice it up a little and I'll be on my way. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours