Fascinating, that's great to know! We definitely need them to give us some updates over here so we can help out with the SDKs and with the processor reverse-engineering.
anywone have a .g3l sample file?
helder7 wrote:
anywone have a .g3l sample file?
Holy necrobump! Shock I don't have one handy; can't you export it from your own calculator?
what is a g3l?
KermMartian wrote:
Holy necrobump! Shock I don't have one handy; can't you export it from your own calculator?

no i cant, i want one to do a test.

flyingfisch wrote:
what is a g3l?

add-in language file
Ah, yeah, I'd be interested in seeing a language add-in file too. I have searched the web before and I couldn't find anything - now, I even wonder if such files exist or if it's just blah blah from Casio so people don't stop buying their calculator in case it doesn't support their favorite language by default.
gbl08ma wrote:
I couldn't find anything - now, I even wonder if such files exist or if it's just blah blah from Casio ...

i have one language add-in file for fx9860
No, I mean, exist for the Prizm. I'm aware other models have these files... I just don't know if there have been any developed for the Prizm.
what is a language file?
flyingfisch wrote:
what is a language file?

a translation for calculator
flyingfisch wrote:
what is a g3l?
I was wondering that too, but unlike you, I (incorrectly) assumed it was a Casio Prizm list file, congruent to the .8xl list file format for the TI-83+/84+. I'm certainly also now curious how these language packs work, and why they would need to worry about potential new languages.
maybe with a .g3l file, will be possible replace the text MAIN MENU for a clock, without any os modding

in fx9860 is impossible, because the text "Main Menu" isnt include in text strings to translate,

but in prizm, if i change the languages (in settings), the text "Main Menu" also changes. For exemple,in portuguese in "MENU PR"
g3l files are most certainly made of static strings, to put a clock into one of the strings you'd need to have a way to add lots of code to the g3l and have it be executed. If there were other strings in the OS that used the clock, then there could be some string with kind of a regex to show the time, which you could then use on the main menu title. But the OS doesn't seem to care about the clock for anything other than, maybe, key debouncing and E-Con2 data sampling at regular intervals, so...
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/prizm/tools/g3lTemplate.zip
I have used gbl08ma tips and created an up-to-date english version of the add-in just as a template plus added the structure of the file format in readme file there if anyone still needs it. Will create a separate topic with more observation as well when i have time.

Edit: here is the topic: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=246566

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours