comicIDIOT wrote:
you seem to be out of the loop

comicIDIOT wrote:
You should really keep up with server discussions.

I tried to get back in, but I guess I didn't read back far enough ._. but I wrote about 70% of this posf as a response to some questions asked by Elemental and failed to mention that I did this:
Elemental/Skype wrote:
Please do drop your thoughts on your perception of the PvP phase of Cemetech MC (more specifically about your perception of the level you expected it to be, versus what actually played out, and what could have been better done to avoid chaos from the confusion on the definition of PvP)

I initially wrote this as a response to him, but felt it was good and relevant enough to posf on the Comictech foam.

comicIDIOT wrote:
I can't find a relevant post but I know there should be one somewhere. We hope to push Abba Caving a bit harder in 1.9. We plan to use a fresh world for each map and afterwards we'd open that map to be mined by everyone but the abba cavers get first dibs. We'd leave the map open until the next officially sanctioned event where we'll generate a new map to replace the last one.

I know this was discussed on IRC, but I don't recall hearing this specifically on the forums.

comicIDIOT wrote:
Also re: non-renewable, the above paragraph about Abba Caving also applies here.

I'd consider that to be reasonably non-renewable. It's still mining, so one can't simply sit around and gather easy currency through that method. It also lets us have a portion of the map to trash with big mines while allowing underground construction / transportation tunneling to not intersect someone's mine every 500 meters.

KermMartian wrote:
Why a limit of 2 accounts per person? Why not 3, or 1? That seems a little arbitrary, and the coincidence of it matching the number of account you have makes me worry that you're somewhat biased here.

When you have three accounts, you can do a teleportation circle that preserves the position of every account. Player A goes to player B, B to C, C to A. Two accounts would result in one going to one spot, and not back (unless you use homesets, but you could use homesets and Towny anyways (or even a friend) for like 95% of things anyways). With a reasonably short teleportation wait time, you can break this cycle with two-account setups. With Towny, you get more teleportation endpoints, so even homesets lose importance. I'm a bit scattered in my explanation, hopefully what I'm trying to say makes sense.

comicIDIOT wrote:
I can't exactly figure out what you mean by this. Are you planning to bring your moderator experiences over or your playing experience? Both?

I've gotten better with player interaction and resolving disputes. I wouldn't say playing experience is particularly transferrable (Minecraft is under a completely different paradigm) but moderation is fairly universal.

tifreak8x wrote:
Doing forced teleport in the instance of a user causing havoc and not accepting TP.

This should also include tphere in the case of griefing, to quickly get a user out of somewhere. Although, I suppose re-graylisting would have a better effect. Probably both. I agree with the rest of tifreak's requests, but I'm not in the right mindset right now to think of anything else specifically needed.
Oh, I recommend iPAV as a moderation tool. It shows IP addresses and accounts using that same IP, among some other things. We use it at BosaikNet.

tifreak8x wrote:
setting them back to gray listing in the event of other issues might be helpful.

I forgot about this possibility, and yeah it'll be quite useful to moderators instead of issuing a ban.
comicIDIOT wrote:
To make an official statement. I've gone through and created the Moderator category and set the permissions. Moderators will be able to do the following:
  • Kick players
  • Tempban players
  • Mute players

There is a new duty assigned to Minecraft mods; the duty of being Moderator of the Minecraft category on the forum. I look forward to their involvement in both the game and the forum. I also look forward to expanding their roles and duties as 1.9 matures. Of course, additional mods will be brought on throughout the life of the 1.9+ server and a forum account isn't required.
PvP is NOT good. Tried it on Blockheads, and I died in 5 seconds. I'm in for no PvP unless otherwise stated.
0407H=84+ wrote:
PvP is NOT good. Tried it on Blockheads, and I died in 5 seconds. I'm in for no PvP unless otherwise stated.

If you read about the current 1.8 server, there is no PvP allowed without consent of the other player. Also if you read our 1.9-related topics, you'll find that we are still not doing a PvP-based map. If you have general questions about how the server will function, the minecraft 1.9 topics are a very good source of info.
The release of Minecraft 1.9 is finally on the horizon, due to release Thursday, February 25th! The first pre-release has just been posted today:
http://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-pre-release-1/

We should bring our focus to consolidating the final plan of action for the server as far as how it will function. Remember to give the Minecraft 1.9 topics any final input, namely to the following topics:

as well as this general topic, as we soon come to a final decision on the way the server functions. Discussions on things like the map and spawn have already been decided, though if there's any other minor things that could be added/changed, feel free to bump those topics too.

Depending on the plugins we choose to have on the server, we will not be kicking off the 1.9 map as soon as 1.9 releases. There will be a little more wait before any plugins we use are ready for 1.9, so use this time to voice any last opinions.
Well, time for me to blitz finishing the shell of Pandemonium...
Elemental wrote:
Depending on the plugins we choose to have on the server, we will not be kicking off the 1.9 map as soon as 1.9 releases. There will be a little more wait before any plugins we use are ready for 1.9, so use this time to voice any last opinions.
We also aren't done with the spawn, and at least my time schedule won't permit me to put much time into finishing off the rails in the next 7 days.

turquoisedragon wrote:
This is going to look really spiffy once we archive this map, either as a full map or as a series of really cool builds. Thank you for putting the time and effort into making something so extraordinary on our server. Smile
KermMartian wrote:

turquoisedragon wrote:
This is going to look really spiffy once we archive this map, either as a full map or as a series of really cool builds. Thank you for putting the time and effort into making something so extraordinary on our server. Smile

No prob. Just hope it's done by the time we switch....At least the outside of it.
There was discussion about turning on creative for the last few days of the map, is this still happening? This would allow some to finish building their projects.
tifreak8x wrote:
There was discussion about turning on creative for the last few days of the map, is this still happening? This would allow some to finish building their projects.

I support this. You'd just have to limit it to the players who are actually building something, so that everyone isn't building/destroying everything.
Spigot release hour reporting in! (Dramatic music)
At 10:00pm UTC Friday the 26th of February Spigot 1.9 will be released. This should be the fastest update in craftbukkits history! (More dramatic music)
More info can be found here.
caleb1997 wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I support this. You'd just have to limit it to the players who are actually building something, so that everyone isn't building/destroying everything.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I'd be open to giving those who would like to finish builds Creative *cough turqoisedragon cough* so they can spend time finishing rather than mining and crafting the required materials but I think server wide creative would be too much. It'd give power to those who don't have anything to build - or just want to do simple structures - the freedom to build.

I'd like to see arguments as to why we should go all creative but right now I'm leaning towards a no.
If we did anything like that, I would want to make our final archival snapshot of the map before anything like this happened, to maintain the purity of the builds created with survival throughout the 25-month life of this map. Too many cool things have been created painstakingly, from scratch to ditch that in the final hours of the map, in my opinion.
KermMartian wrote:
If we did anything like that, I would want to make our final archival snapshot of the map before anything like this happened, to maintain the purity of the builds created with survival throughout the 25-month life of this map. Too many cool things have been created painstakingly, from scratch to ditch that in the final hours of the map, in my opinion.

I second this. Also I hope we can download that last archival snapshot of the world.
Looking forward to destroy the things in a few seconds where I've put countless hours into Smile.
I haven't been online in so long.. I really should jump on before 1.8 is finished, and see if all my stuff is still safely hidden away! I look forward to jumping on 1.9 at some stage once I'm back in a "Minecrafty-mood" Smile
Question regarding the overall existence of this topic.

I'm wanting to discuss what we all might do once the 1.9 server goes live with a few suggestions/plans of my own. Should I do that here, or do that in a new topic? It'd be cool to coordinate the idea with others that might be of a similar thought.
tifreak8x wrote:
Question regarding the overall existence of this topic.

I'm wanting to discuss what we all might do once the 1.9 server goes live with a few suggestions/plans of my own. Should I do that here, or do that in a new topic? It'd be cool to coordinate the idea with others that might be of a similar thought.

I'd reckon a new topic. I set these topics up to discuss the direction and experience we want players to have. Once 1.9 goes live, I plan to lock these discussion topics since they've served their purpose. Community sponsored and organized projects would best fit in a dedicated topic for that project.
Sorry for my impatience, but does anyone know (roughly) when the Cemetech 1.9 server will go up for public use? (A week from now, another month, several months, nobody has any idea, etc.) Also, what still needs to be done? (Building spawn, configuring plugins, waiting for plugins to update, etc.) Thanks. Smile
We have almost all the plugins, and plan to finish spawn and test over the course of this week. We are considering a launch party for next weekend, if everything works out!
KermMartian wrote:
We have almost all the plugins,

Does this include better mod tools and statistics*?

Mod Tools can be delayed until a plugin is updated but I think collecting statistics from Day 1 should be a priority, since it seems to be a popular idea.

*Despite not being updated, users claim it works with 1.9.

Page 9 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours