Ok, I'm going to start off by saying, I'm absolutely addicted to this game on my iPhone. Like seriously. So since I love it so much, why not port it to the CE? Now, I don't have the assembly skill to do this. But since the incredible MateoConLechuga has created easy to use C tools and libraries, I thought, why not?

1010! is a puzzle game, similar to Tetris, where you place tiles on a 10 by 10 grid and try to clear rows and columns. Try to survive as long as possible! Features include all of the gameplay of 1010, a dark mode, smooth graphics, high score, the ability to see your tile buffer and much more! Source code is included.

Controls:
[Up] [Down] [Left] [Right] to move the tiles around
[2nd] to place the tile
[Alpha] to cycle through your available tiles.
[Mode] to toggle dark mode
[Clear] to end the game

1010! is an iPhone game by GramGames. You can find the original game here:
http://apple.co/1nWvmIn

Screenshots:

Download Here

Any bugs, suggestions, etc please post below.
Love this game! Look forward to seeing your progress!
I have an update, this is what I have so far:

As you can see, it's getting there. I need to add a shape randomizer/ switcher and a score display, as well as a title screen.
Great work KingInfinity! Looks like you are learning quite a bit about C along the way too, so even more awesome Smile Keep up the great work; can't wait to try the final version.
Wow, this has been a good week. As you can see, in two days, 1010 has come a long way thanks to MateoConLechuga's awesome C toolchain and libraries, as well as support from everybody in the IRC chat - you know who you are (thank you).
Here is a progress update:

I expect to release soon Smile
KingInfinity wrote:

Screenshots:

The game has been submitted to the archives for approval!

Awesome! I can't wait to give it a try Smile Amazing, in less than a week an entire program pretty much. Razz Do you have any plans following this, such as bug fixes and optimizations? I do like the clean interface. I hope that my bugs weren't too much of a hindrance at times Razz Anywho; good luck!
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Awesome! I can't wait to give it a try Smile Amazing, in less than a week an entire program pretty much. Razz Do you have any plans following this, such as bug fixes and optimizations? I do like the clean interface. I hope that my bugs weren't too much of a hindrance at times Razz Anywho; good luck!

1 week is enough time, since you were generous with the C toolchain Smile
Bugs are normal. I'm just happy to be one of the first to use the C toolchain and provide an 99% fully functional game. Also glad to work with you.

I do plan to support 1010, but I wanted to get it out for people to play Smile
I found a game-breaking bug.
This game is literally unplayable.
The tiles you're using are asymmetrical. The bottom-right corner is not rounded as much as the rest.

Other than that, this game is great and congrats on being one of the first functional 84+CE C game ever!
Edited

EDIT: Also, are you checking to see if the player lost before or after clearing the proper rows/columns? I think I lost at one point even though, after clearing the columns, I would've been able to place the next piece. (Also a "YOU LOSE" screen would be nice so that the player could actually see their loss instead of just booting them back to the title screen.)

Also, consider using [2nd] for placing tiles and [Alpha] for switching. The [Enter] + [2nd] combination is a bit unwieldy.

Again, other than these minor issues, it's a great game!
That's looking great!
Quote:
Other than that, this game is great and congrats on being the first functional 84+CE C game ever!

Hmm... the first functional 84+CE C game that you know of, at least Smile
C games for the TI-eZ80 series are news from months ago. For instance, three games made by critor thanks to the online front-end to Zilog's C compiler made by Adriweb and critor on TI-Planet.
See http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/148/148810.html + http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/14/148/148828.html . The first one, from maybe October 2015 (before CEmu was even started), is a much better candidate for the first functional 84+CE C game ever, though I'd have to double-check.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Quote:
Other than that, this game is great and congrats on being the first functional 84+CE C game ever!

Yeah, I told him this on IRC, but did not bother posting it. It's the first to use Mateo's libraries, is what he probably meant.

Hactar wrote:
Also, are you checking to see if the player lost before or after clearing the proper rows/columns? I think I lost at one point even though, after clearing the columns, I would've been able to place the next piece.

The any moves left check is after the check for tile rows.

Hactar wrote:
Also, consider using [2nd] for placing tiles and [Alpha] for switching. The [Enter] + [2nd] combination is a bit unwieldy.

The controls have been switched in the latest update. I'll release it soon.

Hactar wrote:
The tiles you're using are asymmetrical. The bottom-right corner is not rounded as much as the rest.

Maybe I'll leave it.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Quote:

*cough*PONG 2.0*cough* Razz
Well, it is a very funny game, easy to play, hard to win Wink Keep it up Good Idea Good Idea

EDIT: nevermind, you was earlier Razz
Yay! New version now in archives! 1010! CE is so awesome! Very Happy I love the "Game Over" banner. Such an improvement from nothing. Razz
Dudeman313 wrote:
Yay! New version now in archives! 1010! CE is so awesome! Very Happy I love the "Game Over" banner. Such an improvement from nothing. Razz

Thanks! Did you know that you can use [Mode] on the banner screen to hide the banner, or use [2nd] to directly restart? You probably already know [Clear] just goes back to the title screen.
KingInfinity wrote:

Did you know that you can use [Mode] on the banner screen to hide the banner?

I didn't know that, but now that I do, I can show my sister how I lose during our 1010! CE tournaments. Very Happy I actually hadn't heard of this game before this came out. I saw someone playing it, and I was going to ask them what it was so I could suggest a CE port, but then one came out, coincidentally. Razz

EDIT:
I found a bug. When you place a piece all the way to the left of the screen, the next one transitions onto the screen a bit choppily. I've seen this happen mostly with vertical line pieces.[/b]
I have updated 1010! to use the new graphics libraries (as opposed to graphc), upon Mateo's suggestion.
KingInfinity wrote:
I have updated 1010! to use the new graphics libraries (as opposed to graphc), upon Mateo's suggestion.

Did you finally change to using a bitmap of some sort instead of drawing a rectangle and erasing a dozen pixels? Razz

(Also hi! I'm on mobile right now so I can't respond to your SAX/IRC messages at the moment.)
Hactar wrote:
Did you finally change to using a bitmap of some sort instead of drawing a rectangle and erasing a dozen pixels? Razz

Nah, I didn't change anything except for to port to the new library... I haven't seen the code or really used C in a year (PHP, Swift, JS, and Java, recently)... maybe that will come in a future update although the changes to using sprites have throughly confused me.
Woohoo nice update! Glad to see you still around Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours