Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I printed and spiral bound mine.
CalebHansberry wrote:
I printed and spiral bound mine.
Nice, I remember when you posted a photograph of it.

So can I take it from the deafening silence that no one has found any glaring, general, reproducible bugs in Doors CS 7.2 and that it's working smoothly for everyone? As far as I know, my only pending to-do item with Doors CS 7 is sending the owners of the few customized editions upgraded customized binaries.
Only problem I had at first was that I couldn't send anything to my calc but I did fix that soon enough. Thanks again for the world's best shell!
ordelore wrote:
Only problem I had at first was that I couldn't send anything to my calc but I did fix that soon enough. Thanks again for the world's best shell!
Glad to hear it, and thank you! Was Doors CS to blame for that problem, or was TI-Connect and/or the TI-OS the culprit?
TI Connect :p. I know many people prefer TILP, but I prefer what I started out with.
Finally noticed and given featured program status on TiCalc!
ordelore wrote:
Finally noticed and given featured program status on TiCalc!
Thanks! Actually, it was already featured, so this is more like a triple-feature. Smile Nevertheless, I am honored that Ryan wrote up such an awesome article about everything going on around here.
I personally think that the mouse cursor could be replaced with a combination of keyboard shortcuts and selection via arrow keys rather than having a load of space allocated to having a fancy interface for the PC user.
Thedarkb wrote:
I personally think that the mouse cursor could be replaced with a combination of keyboard shortcuts and selection via arrow keys rather than having a load of space allocated to having a fancy interface for the PC user.


I personally think that this program is absolutely incredible in its design and functionality, and the mouse adds that extra part that makes this the amazing piece of software it is. The mouse provides a way to navigate easily on the screen, rather than trying to figure out the keyboard shortcuts for the first time. It look me about a week to learn all of the keys in MirageOS, while Doors has a nice, simple, and clean user interface. However, everyone has their preference, so I apologize for my somewhat of a rant.

By the way, posting on a topic that is almost a 3/4 of a year old is somewhat interesting. Wink
If you're not a fan of the mouse interface, there are shortcut keys which make navigation very simple. All this information is included in the read me within the download, as well.
what I'm trying to say is that calculators aren't made for mouse driven interfaces, doors cs is an epic shell don't get me wrong, but I think the mouse interface takes up too much space, a menu interface would be smaller so there would be more room for features in the long run
And I think that's why a more menu-driven interface was chosen for DCSE--it does make more sense. That being said, the size concern isn't really that big of one, especially since development for DCS7 is basically done, save for possible bug fixes. The shortcut keys should give you a quick interface for navigation, and we don't need to save space for more features, because it's unlikely that new features will be added. However, any suggestions you have should go in the Doors CS 7 Suggestions and Progress thread.
Thank you Kerm, for creating the shell on my TI-84 Plus (With some damage from a dog) TI-84+
You're welcome; I'm glad that it's useful to you! Do you mean that your dog damaged your TI-84 Plus, or that my puppy helped me make Doors CS? Very Happy

Kerm, my dog chewed the calculator. On the corner on the right. Still works! Very Happy By the way, nice dog! (what breed)
Kerm, DCS 7.2 is THE WORLD'S BEST shell. I have been using it for nearly a year. it does EVERYTHING I want it to do. There are some nasty bugs related to to many progs on the main screen. Folders fixed that though Smile...

P.S. When will there be a CalcMax edition of DCS 7.2 made just for me with all the coolest feautures you can slam into a large app?
CalcMax wrote:
Kerm, DCS 7.2 is THE WORLD'S BEST shell. I have been using it for nearly a year. it does EVERYTHING I want it to do. There are some nasty bugs related to to many progs on the main screen. Folders fixed that though Smile...

P.S. When will there be a CalcMax edition of DCS 7.2 made just for me with all the coolest feautures you can slam into a large app?


DCS is open-source, so have at it
KermMartian wrote:
You're welcome; I'm glad that it's useful to you! Do you mean that your dog damaged your TI-84 Plus, or that my puppy helped me make Doors CS? Very Happy


We need more pictures of you dog, the people demand it.

CalcMax wrote:
P.S. When will there be a CalcMax edition of DCS 7.2 made just for me with all the coolest feautures you can slam into a large app?

Is this a serious question? Do you expect Kerm to actually make a special version just for you?
Well, I do not insist. I just think it would be nice because DCS is something that has alot of potential. I would of course share it on cemetech with all users via the archive.

P.S. Kerm better watch that I don't use his book to outsmart his TI-basic knowledge!
CalcMax wrote:
P.S. Kerm better watch that I don't use his book to outsmart his TI-basic knowledge!
Wouldn't you necessarily only know up to as much as me about TI-BASIC if you're getting your TI-BASIC knowledge from the book I wrote? Also, please restrain yourself from posting off-topic posts and comments in threads, or the relevant posts will be removed.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement